21. "The Mission Starts"

Kawaki and Himawari stared at Boruto and Sarada suspiciously while they both ate their food in silence. Kawaki looked at Himawari who looked back at him and they again looked at them both.

"Listen here you both. " Kawaki sighed. "I don't give a damn about whatever has happened between you both, nor I want to know, but do not make the atmosphere awkward. It's freaking me out-" Kawaki received a slap from Himawari on his shoulder. "Hey! "

"Sarada, I wanted to show you something. Could you please come with me? " Himawari asked and Sarada smiled. She took her last bite and got up.

"Sure. " Himawari grinned and held her hand. "Thanks for the food! " Sarada shouted as Himawari started to drag her upstairs to her room.

Boruto saw Himawari signalling him to talk to Kawaki about that dragon mission. Boruto sighed.

"Oi, Kawaki. " He started as he got up from his seat as well. "Come out. We need to talk. " He said and left. Kawaki groaned and followed him as well.

***

"Wait- he did what?! " Sarada screamed while Himawari put her hand on her mouth.

"Hush, Sarada! " Sarada nodded. "He didn't. I did. " Sarada put ger hands on Himawari's shoulder and shook her violently.

"Himawari! Do you even know how your brothers are going to react when they come to know of this?! "

"I know! That's why I need your help! " Himawari whined. "Help me! " She screeched.

"When did you do that? "

"Well, I thought I was going to confess and called him in the park. But as I saw him, I forgot what I saw going to say and-"

"Himawari, are you feeling okay? " Inojin asked as he took his steps towards me making me feel even more dizzy.

"Yeah! I'm ampletely calright! " I shouted. Why am I such an idiot?! Inojin chuckled as he took off a leaf which was resting on my head.

"You look funny. " He spoke softly and smiled at me. I sighed heavily and looked at him in the eyes. It's now, or never!

"InojinI'minlovewithyou! " I blabbered while he looked at me confusingly. "It's just- I- I am- Ugh! " Inojin chuckled.

"Don't worry, Hima. Just speak whatever you want to. I won't judge. " That gave me some courage to speak.

"I- I just wanted to say that- you're a really good friend, Inojin. You've always been by my side when I had no one and- and that I, too, care for you deeply. So if you ever need anything, you can just ask me for help, 'kay? " For a moment, I thought I messed up as I saw Inojin just staring at me blankly. Not gonna lie, he looked like an idiot there. A cute idiot.

"Thanks a lot, Hima. " He smiled. "I really needed that. " He added as he patted my head. I don't know what the hell came in my mind that I just leaned in and kissed on his cheek.

I saw his eyes go wide and as soon as I realized it my eyes went wide as well. "Uh- Um- I- " I just groaned and ran away.

"-And that was too embarrassing! "

"You know what, you just have to confess and everything will be okay! " Sarada sighed.

"And what if he doesn't like me back?! " Sarada looked at her being so done with this stupidity now. "What? "

"Hima, you-" Sarada was cut off by Boruto running inside the room with his blue face.

"Sarada! Save me! " He yelled, hiding behind Sarada.