18. "A Chameleon"

Sumire stood under the dark sky filled with shiny stars. Cool breeze hitting her making her hair fly. She smiled as she looked at the shooting star and wished, "I wish Princess Zaki and Akuma will go to heaven. "

Of course, judging from the way they suffered, they deserve to go to heaven. But, yes they've hurt people as well. Sumire is worried about them; whether they'll go to heaven or not. "I really hope they both will stay together. "

She heard some foot steps that made her turn around. She turned red when she saw Kawaki coming to her.

"It's literally midnight. What are you doing outside? " He asked looking at the sky.

"I wasn't able to sleep. Princess Zaki's and Akuma's story is still making me sad. " She whispered. "They deserved better. " Kawaki's eyebrows twitched.

"Oh Sumire, a person should not be that kind. People will take advantage of you! " He scolded. He looked at Sumire when he didn't get a response only to find her staring at him. She had her pretty innocent smile on.

"Thanks a lot, Kawaki. " She spoke. "But there's no need to worry, you know. I like to see people smile, no matter what it takes. " Kawaki just stared at her, angry that how can she allow someone to hurt her.

"Sumire. " He whispered and before Sumire knew, she felt his muscular arms around her. Her eyes widened at his action while her cheeks turned red.

"K-Kawaki? Are you alright? "

No response. She just felt his grip getting stronger. A small smile krept on her lips and she hugged him back.

"I was worried, Sumire. " Kawaki whispered in her ear sending chills down her spine.

"Wh-What? "

"I was so worried for you, Sumire. You should be careful of your surroundings. Zaki would've done many bad things to you if Boruto wasn't there. "

"Don't worry, Kawaki-" She was cut off by Kawaki breaking the hug, but his arms still sround her waist, and stared in her eyes. Sumire was shocked as she's never seen these kind of emotions in his eyes. Not even when he was around Sarada.

"Sumire. Just don't be an idiot next time. " Sumire chuckled at his statement which made him angry, yet, he thought how beautiful she looked under the moonlight, in his arms.

Sumire always knew that there was a soft spot in Kawaki. But she also knew that it was only for Sarada. Now that she's seeing that soft spot in front of her, she feels happy.

"You really don't need to worry. " She smiled. Kawaki realised their position and quickly broke the hug. He cleared his throat and looked everywhere but her.

Sumire just smiled and looked back at the sky. At the moon. The moon she wished to see forever. Forver with Kawaki standing beside her, just like now.

"Isn't the moon lovely? " Sumire whispered.

"Yes, it is. " He replied plainly. Sumire looked at him and found him looking at her. He immediately looked at the sky with his face heating up.

He was embarrassed as he got caught staring at her. He suddenly felt a pair of soft lips on his cheek. His eyes widened and he looked at Sumire who was running back into her tent.

He just stared at her running figure and she eventually got out of the sight. He finally let out the breath he was holding and touched the cheek where she kissed.

Who would've thought that Kawaki would blush like crazy?

***

On the other hand, Sumire hit her pillow with a red face. While Chocho eating her chips... finally.