Chapter Thirty Two

Lord Kai's Final Quest: The Challenging Confrontation

Once back home in Hong Kong, the princess and Lord Kai began strategizing their next moves. Days turned into nights, and despite his best efforts, Lord Kai could not find any clue about his mother's whereabouts.

He became lost in thought, weighed down by worry, and the princess tried her best to provide comfort and solace. Lord Kai made the decision to withdraw his sister from boarding school, wanting her to live with them as a family once again, but their hearts still ached with longing for their missing parents.

The princess narrated everything about the magical world to Lord Kai's sister, giving her an insight into the wonders and dangers of that realm. Day by day, Lord Kai's mind remained preoccupied with thoughts of his mother until one fateful night.

In the middle of the night, Lord Kai drifted into a dream world, and there it was again—the enigmatic book. Filled with fear yet resolute, Lord Kai approached the book as it transformed into his faceless master.

The surprise in Lord Kai's voice was evident as he exclaimed, "Master! How is this possible?" The faceless master taunted Lord Kai, accusing him of failure and vowing to hunt him down on behalf of the dark forces and the devil. Lord Kai, however, boldly asserted that he had cleansed his body with Tai yang and was now impervious to any harm.

The faceless master revealed a sinister truth, claiming that Lord Kai himself held a demon force within him—the Xuaming Zhi Bao. In a shocking twist, the faceless master laughed mischievously, and Lord Kai was dumbfounded as the faceless visage faded away, exposing his own face. It was now a battle of Lord Kai against himself—Lord Kai versus Lord Kai.

In the midst of the night, Lord Kai suddenly jolted awake, gripped by an overwhelming fear that surged through his body. His once steady hands now trembled uncontrollably, and his feverish body was burning with an unnatural heat. Struggling to find his voice, he let out a chilling scream that pierced the silence of the night.

The princess and his sister, startled by his piercing cry, rushed to his side. They found Lord Kai in distress, his eyes filled with an unrecognizable fury, his features twisting into an eerie darkness. His sister was petrified, unsure of what was happening, but the princess remained calm and composed, determined to bring him back from whatever haunted him.

With a gentle touch, the princess embraced Lord Kai and whispered comforting words into his ear. Her tender kiss on his forehead seemed to bring a glimmer of tranquility to his tormented soul. Slowly, the demonic manifestation began to subside as the warmth of her presence washed over him. Gradually, Lord Kai regained control of himself, his fiery eyes returning to their usual calmness.

Though shaken by the ordeal, Lord Kai found solace in the princess's embrace. The terror that had gripped him started to dissipate, replaced by the comforting presence of his beloved. The princess and his sister stayed by his side, offering support and understanding as he recovered from the unsettling episode.