Chapter Fourteen

The Battle for Redemption

As the time arrived for Kai to save his father, he made his way to the village with a dark aura surrounding him. The villagers trembled in fear at his presence, unable to meet his gaze. As he moved through the village, fear spread like wildfire, and everyone recognized him as the one who possessed the treasure and came to rescue his father.

Escorted by some monks, Kai reached the prestigious school and entered the main hall where all the monks were gathered, including his father, who was tied to a pillar. Kai's anger erupted as he demanded to know who dared to tie his father. The bodyguards and students trembled at his fury, while the power-hungry monks pondered in fear.

They urged Kai to hand over the artifact, but he outsmarted them by presenting a fake one, using the power of pretense to deceive them. However, the monks were equally cunning and created a shield, using Kai's father's blood as a part of its construction. Kai attempted to break the shield with his power, but seeing his father in pain, he realized the shield was too dangerous to challenge.

With a quick decision, Kai used the "Mind Mojo" to possess one of the monks, compelling him to drop the shield and release his father. Despite his efforts, Kai was drained, his veins swollen from the strain of his powerful magic. He managed to disappear with his father back home, desperate to heal him.

Upon reaching home, Kai's mother rushed to make her husband comfortable on the bed and immediately began boiling water. Kai struggled with the last of his strength to heal his father, but he couldn't bear for his family to see him faint. With a final effort, he vanished, leaving his family perplexed and full of questions.

Kai's mother rushed back to the living room, holding a bowl of hot water to help her husband heal. She saw him injured and seeking traces of their missing son. "What happened? Where is our son?" she asked anxiously, her heart filled with worry and confusion. Kai's father struggled to speak, "That mysterious man... it's Kai, our son," he managed to say, revealing the truth to his wife.

Upon hearing this, Kai's mother burst into tears, unable to recognize the transformed appearance of her beloved son. The changes in Kai had left her heartbroken and frightened for what might have happened to him. She hugged her husband tightly, their fears intertwining as they searched for answers.

Meanwhile, Kai had disappeared and found himself back in the ancient hut where his master resided. Exhausted and drained from the intense magic training, he sought guidance and solace from his faceless mentor. The faceless man observed Kai silently, knowing the burden he carried and the trials he was about to face.

In the dim light of the hut, Kai's determination burned bright. His transformation into a demon lord had only just begun, and he was eager to learn more, to grow stronger, and to save his father from the clutches of darkness. The fate of his family and the world of magic now rested on his shoulders, and he was ready to embrace his destiny with unwavering resolve.