Chapter Nine

Echoes of Hidden Magic

As Kai's father delved deeper into the prestigious school of magic, he grew closer to Lord Xiao fan, the most formidable monk. Through their bond, Kai's father learned about the secret at the heart of the school - the powerful artifact known as Xuanming Zhi Bao, The Treasure of Obscure Darkness.

Realizing that Lord Xiao fan could no longer wield the artifact, he reluctantly decided to entrust it to Kai's father, knowing that he had the integrity and strength of character to handle its immense power responsibly. He confided in Kai's father, declaring his intention to announce the transition on the following day.

However, fate had other plans. Tragedy struck, and Lord Xiao fan's life was unexpectedly cut short before he could make the announcement. Chaos erupted in the prestigious school as the news of his death spread like wildfire. Everyone, including the other lords Lord Xiao fan had confided in, hungered for possession of the legendary treasure.

Amidst the turmoil, Kai's father realized the gravity of the situation. He remembered Lord Xiao fan's cautionary words about the treasure falling into the wrong hands and the dangers of obsession with its power. Fearing the catastrophic consequences if the artifact fell into the hands of the power-hungry, Kai's father knew he had to act swiftly.

Under the cover of darkness, Kai's father made his way to the closely guarded vault that held Xuanming Zhi Bao. Drawing upon his magical power of transformation known as "Liú xíng" (流形) - The Shifting Form, he altered the physical form of the artifact, transforming it into a book.

In this newfound form, the arts of the treasure were meticulously inscribed on the pages, detailing its potent abilities and the measures to keep its power in check. This transformation would ensure that its essence remained concealed, safeguarding the world from its overwhelming darkness.

With the book now in his possession, Kai's father made a life-altering decision. He chose to retire from his career as a journalist, dedicating himself solely to protect the book and keep it safe from those who sought to exploit its forbidden magic.

In the quiet solitude of his city, Kai's father concealed the book within a secure vault, hidden away from prying eyes and the lure of its power. Unbeknownst to him, this marked only the beginning of an epic tale that would shape the destinies of both Kai and his family.

As the sun set on this chapter, dear readers, the story continues to unfold, and the legacy of Xuanming Zhi Bao lies hidden, waiting for the emergence of a pure-hearted soul who can bear its weight and wield its power with wisdom and compassion. The journey of destiny, magic, and the quest for the chosen one will lead us to uncharted realms and unpredictable twists. Prepare yourselves for the next enthralling chapter, where the secrets of the ancient artifact will unravel, revealing the untold depths of enchantment and the trials that lie ahead for Kai and his family. Stay tuned for the ensuing adventure, where the forces of light and darkness collide in a tale of courage, sacrifice, and the indomitable human spirit.