23

Narrator
All anyone at school kept on talking about, was the fact that Nate Jacobs got beat up. They all speculated on his condition as all they had last heard was that he was in a coma but had woken up. So, they knew he wasn't dead, but they all assumed he most likely had some brain damage.

Michelle was relieved when she heard that he had woken up because that meant one less problem for Fez.

Currently, all the girls were in the bathroom since it was passing period.

Rue and Jules were in the restroom being all lovey-dovey. On the way to the New Year's party, Jules had told Michelle that they had a bit of a rough patch and weren't exactly together. So, she was happy to see that they seemingly reconciled.

Maddy was fixing her eyeliner, Kat was scrolling through her phone, while Cassie leaned against the bathroom counter appearing frazzled.

"Yeah, there's totally no way he doesn't have some sort of brain damage" Kat nonchalantly states as the topic had of course gotten to Nate.

"Ha! It'd just be more added to the damage he had before" Maddy says making all the girls laugh except for Cassie

"Let's not even get into his crazy ass" Michelle shakes her head.

Cassie clears her throat deciding to speak up, "Did you set Fez up to hurt Nate?" She asks her attention on Michelle.

Maddy looked at Cassie in disbelief as the others all turned to look at Michelle.

"What the fuck? No!" Michelle denies shocked that Cassie would even consider that. She had no reason to think Michelle would do that.

Cassie raises her arms up in defense "I mean, what other reason would he have do that to him"

"Uhh, a few" Rue speaks up but Jules mouths for her to not get involved.

"I didn't tell Fez to do anything" Michelle states "Also like, why do you even care this much?"

"Yeah Cassie, why do you even care?" Kat questions

"Yeah, It's not like you and Nate are friends. He literally shit talks you all the time" Michelle adds

Tears brimmed Cassie's eyes at Michelle's statement. Michelle felt bad at how harsh her words came off but she was irritated with Cassie's prying.

"That doesn't fucking matter. It was wrong what he did. He could've killed him" she argues

"He didn't though so please let's just move on" Maddy says in attempt to shut down the situation.

"Whatever" Cassie mutters as she rushed out of the bathroom.

Maddy groans, quickly placing her makeup away, "I'm gonna go check in with her" she exits the bathroom following after Cassie.

"Kat, we should get to class" Michelle sighs

"Mhm" Kat agrees putting her phone away and following beside Michelle, leaving Rue and Jules alone in the restroom.

"That was so weird" Kat says

Michelle nods in agreement "She's been off ever since the party"