20

Narrator
Michelle had just finished getting dressed into some sweats after taking a post-workout shower. She was planning on just having a chill Saturday. She'd probably go over to Fezco's later.

As Michelle gets cozy under a blanket on top of her bed, her door swings open. A breathless Rue enters the room.

"Geez Rue you scared me storming into my room like that!" She scolds her

Rue pants as she wipes her hair out of her face.

"Are you okay?" Michelle questions getting up slowly from the bed.

"Yeah...yeah I'm good" Rue pants "I just biked over here fast as hell to tell you that..."

"Tell me what??" Michelle could feel her anxiety creeping up on her.

"It's Fez, his place got raided last night"

Michelle's eyes widened "What?!"

"Yeah, and I think Nate had something to do with it" she says now having caught her breath.

"Oh my god" Michelle feels tears coming to her eyes as she frantically reaches for her phone to call Fez.

"That asshole would do something like this. Go running to the cops like a little bitch" Rue rants.

Michelle doesn't say anything as she waits for Fez to answer the phone.

"Hey baby" he answers in his usual calm and collected tone.

A wave of relief washed over Michelle when she heard his voice. She was glad he seemingly wasn't in police custody or anything.

"Baby, are you and Ash okay? Rue told me what happened"

"Yeah, everything coo'. We got it all handled" he assures her, he could hear the worry in her voice and hated that he was bringing this stress to her. "I don't want you worryin' about this aight?"

Michelle rushes over into the bathroom as she felt hot tears start flowing down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry Fez. This is all my fucking fault. I brought this bullshit into your life"

"Michelle, stop that. I'm tellin' you not to blame yourself. You ain't do shit. Trust me when I say I got it handled"

"Do you think it was him?" Michelle questions

"It had to be. The feds came up here after I told him what would happen if he kept fuckin' wit' my people"

Michelle takes a deep breath to control the anger that was now brewing.

"But with the heat and everything, it's probably best if y'all don't come over here 'till this shit blow over"

That was devastating for Michelle to hear but she understood why it was necessary. "Yeah I understand" she says as she now exits the bathroom. "I'm happy you and ash are okay"

"Yeah, we always find a way. I'll check in wit' you later. I love you"

Michelle smiles, "I love you too"