4

Narrator
"Hey Maddy" Michelle calls after her as they all pack up to go home. They had just finished leading cheer practice for an upcoming basketball game.

Both Maddy and Michelle served as co-captains for the cheer squad since their freshman year. The dance team had been quite bad until they arrived. They worked well together in the beginning, but then they stopped being friends.

Maddy rolls her eyes before turning to face Michelle "What?"

"I was thinking we probably need to focus on nailing down the synchronization next practice since this dance is sort of fast paced"

"Yeah, whatever" Maddy shrugs.

Michelle narrows her eyes at her. "I thought we agreed to put personal shit aside when it came to the cheer team"

"Didn't I just agree to what you said?" Maddy says, attitude in her tone.

Michelle sighs, "Okay cool"

"Nice chat" Maddy mutters turning around and walking away.

Michelle now rolled her eyes at Maddy's attitude. She hated that this is where their friendship was.

~
Maddy and Michelle were inseparable after they met each other at the age of 5 during a pageant. For years they competed against each other and had a bit of a rivalry. This was mostly caused by their moms pitting the two of them against each other. It was always a back and forth. Michelle would win, then Maddy, then Michelle,then Maddy. Although, they formed a close bond after Maddy stood up to a girl who had started insulting Michelle. They grew up together and had each other's backs. But that all changed when Nate came into the picture.
~

"Hey, don't worry about her" Cassie says to Michelle.

"I'm not. It's just annoying how negative she is"

"Yeahh. I'll see you tomorrow Shells. Love you" Cassie gives her a hug.

"Love you too Cass"

Michelle looks up at the bleachers and spots Rue. Rue was laying on the bleachers, wearing her maroon hoodie and sunglasses.

Rue was starting to change and Michelle was noticing. She was way more slouchy all the time and always seemed like she was disconnected from everyone else.

Michelle walks over to the front of the bleachers. "Rue!" She calls out, Rue instantly sitting up.

"We're going to Fezco's now?" She questions

"Yeah" Michelle says.

Rue hops right up and walks down the stairs to meet Michelle in the sidelines. The two of them begin walking to her car.

"Yo Michelle!" A familiar voice calls out.

It was Nate.

Michelle closes her eyes, cursing to herself. "Just keep walking Rue" she says.

"Uhh wasn't really planning on stopping" Rue says.

Michelle tries to speed walk to her car, Rue trying to catch up but Nate eventually catches up to them. The football team had a workout session inside the school which explained why he was there.