14

TW//: Domestic Violence

Narrator
Tonight was the night of the annual Carnival that the town held. Michelle was going to be with Nate most of the night. Which meant she had to be prepared for a night of acting like she wasn't upset with him.

She had been acting like everything was normal since finding out that he most likely hooked up with Maddy. Technically, she cheated on him first and still was, so she felt conflicted on whether her feelings were valid.

Michelle's mom knew she was going but with how her outfit looked, she needed to sneak out before she could see her.

She sprayed some body mist, making her body sparkle. Her phone dings as she receives a text from Rue.
Rue
Outside

Michelle
Coming out

She slowly made her way downstairs and dashed for the door before her mom could say anything. She'd probably get an earful from her mom about not announcing that she was leaving but she didn't really care.

"Hey guys" she greets Rue, Gia, and Lexi with a hug,

When she approaches Rue, the two stand across from each other for a bit before embracing one another in a hug.

"I'm sorry" the two of them whisper to one another at the same time. They pull away from each other with a smile.

This is how it usually went with them. They were always able to move on after any sort of argument. Just like sisters do.

Michelle then turns her attention to Gia "I haven't seen you in forever! How've you been?" she asks her engulfing her in a hug. Gia was like a little sister to her.

"I've been really good actually" she responds with a smile.

Michelle was still upset that Gia had to be the one to find Rue close to death. In fact, she spent a lot of time with Gia while Rue was in rehab. She didn't want her going through it alone. She knew what it was like to not have your big sister there for you.

"So what's the plan when we get there?" Lexi questioned.

"Well, I'll be meeting with Nate" Michelle answered.

"Yeah I was gonna meet with some friends" Gia stated.

Everyone's attention turned to Rue who was in her own little world.