9

Narrator
"There's some new girl in town that I think you gon' be friends wit'" Fezco says to Rue as they sat outside of his convenience store.

Rue had recently gotten out of rehab a few days ago and decided to stop by Fezco's store to see what was up with him.

Rue's eyebrows raise, "For real? Who?"

"Shit, I don't know" Fez shrugs taking a hit from his blunt "She came in yesterday lookin' all sailor moon and shit. I'm thinkin' to myself like, look like somebody Rue would get along wit'"

Rue nods her head, impressed by Fezco's observation.

"So how long you been back?" He asks Rue.

"Like five days"

"And like, how you feelin'?"

"I mean, ever since I gave my life over to my lord and savior Jesus Christ, things have been like really good"

Fez' eyebrows raise at Rue's revelation. "Word? That's what's up"

Rue chuckles and playfully hits Fez' shoulder, "I'm just fuckin' wit' you Fez"

"Shit" Fez laughs along with her "I don't judge"

"You seen Michelle?" Fez hesitated to ask but knew he would've regretted if he didn't.

"Yeah I've seen her" she answers plainly.

"How she been?"

Rue shrugs her shoulders, "She's cool, pretty sure she's still fucking around with Nate's stupid ass"

Hearing that made Fez regret asking. It stung to know she was still dating Nate. Maybe it was gonna work out for them this time. Which meant the possibility of him and Michelle being together was dead.

"Have you not talked to her or something?" Rue questions surprised.

"Nah" he shakes his head "it's been a minute"

"Weird." She states "You two seemed
pretty close before...y'know"

"Yeah" Fez agrees, signing afterwards

There's a moment of silence between the two of them.

"So...is ashtray in the back?" Rue asks nervously.

Fez looks at her with his brows furrowed "Are you serious?"

"You think cause I went to rehab I stayed clean?" Rue chuckles

"I mean, ain't that the point?"

"Yeah well, the worlds coming to an end and I haven't even graduated high school yet" Rue says turning around to make her way into the back of the store to find ashtray.

Fez looks on with clear disappointment on his face. He was hoping Rue would actually get clean after her OD but unfortunately that wasn't going to be the case.

Shaking his head, he gets out his phone and clicks on him and Michelle's text thread. His eyes just look at the ignored text from 3 months ago.