25. "Old Days Were Fun"

Start from the beginning

Himawari felt Inojin's hand on hers, which she held the pic in. She looked back up and found him smiling softly. "They sure were." He spoke.

Her heart raced and blood rushed to her cheeks as she looked back at the pic, praying that he wouldn't hear her heart beat.

"Hima-" Inojin whispered as he turned her towards himself. "Uh, there's something- there's something I've been holding back for a while now..." He added. Himawari tightened her grip on the pic, careful not to ruin it. "And! Let me finish before you speak... alright?" He asked.

"Al-right." She cursed herself for letting her voice crack.

Inojin took a deep breathe and stared into her eyes. "At first, you were just Boruto's sister to me. Then- because of the painting thing, we became friends. I always watched you laugh and it made me happy- especially when that laugh was caused by me. I love to see you smile, Himawari. And I can't see you hurt." He spoke and meant every single word. Himawari could feel her ears hot now.

"I wasn't sure about how you feel... untill you said all those things at the park. I myself became sure of my feelings when you kissed me there." He added admiring her ocean blue eyes. His eye fell on her whisker birthmarks that he always loved. "I want to be with you forever, Hima. I can't take it when I see some other guy with you." He stared at her lips as he said that then looked back in ber eyes which held tears.

"I didn't know- you feel so much." She sobbed while Inojin chuckled as he wiped her tears.

"Stop crying, Hima. If Boruto and Kawaki gets to know I made you cry, I'd be killed-" Himawari shut him up by placing her lips on his. Inojin's heart beat increased but he regained his posture and and held her waist, kissing her back.

A few seconds later, they pulled back and stared in each other's eyes. "I love you." Inojin whispered.

"Idiot." Himawari chuckled as they joined their foreheads. "I love you too."

There was a knock at the door which made them stand far away from each other with their faces on fire.

Inojin cleared his throat and opened the door to find Ino standing there, looking as beautiful as ever. "Inojin, there is Sarada at the door. She wants to see you- Oh, hey Himawari. You look pretty." Ino spoke and left with her smile on her face.

Inojin looked at Himawari who stood there smiling at him. He sighed and smiled back as they both went down stairs only to find Sarada looking anxious.

***

"I have to look into their memories?" Inojin asked as he stood in Kawaki's room. Sumire looked weak as she stared at every body in the room.

Sarada nodded. "That's right. Look into it and see where Osamu went." Inojin hesitated, but then nodded and put his palm on Sumire's forehead as he closed his eyes, trying to concentrate.

***

"Um- hello? I heard your scream! Are you okay? Where are you?" Inojin heard Sumire. He put pressure on his brain and finally got into the scene. He saw an old house, it was dark and spider webs were everywhere.

His eyes fell on Sumire who looked here and there, trying to find the person.

He then looked at the stairs where he found a shadow looking at Sumire. The shadow lifted his hand and pointed at the door. Inojin felt a shiver when he heard the door close. "Hello?" Sumire spoke again.

The shadow teleported and got behind Sumire. The shadow attacked on her foot making her fall and then put his hand on her back.

Inojin saw Sumire's eyes go wide when she looked back at the person. "O-Osamu?" This is Osamu?!

Osamu smirked and spoke, "So you do remember my name huh? It means you do love me, right Sumire?"

Inojin put even more pressure on his head and forwarded the scene and got to where Kawaki was fighting with Osamu. He noticed he stood beside Sumire who was laying there with blood leaking out of her head.

She stood up and ran to them to fight. "Sumire! You're hurt, go back!" Kawaki got a hit by Osamu and fell back.

"And just watch you fighting? I guess not." Sumire spoke. Inojin saw Kawaki running up to them and then pushing Sumire away. The bomb exploded and Osamu vanished.

***

Inojin opened his eyes and stared at everyone who were staring back at him. He shook his head. "I didn't get to see where he went." He spoke and moved to Kawaki. He put his palm on his forehead and closed his eyes.

***

He saw Kawaki running past the old house. Kawaki's eyes fell on the window of the house and he gritted his teeth when he saw how Osamu was holding Sumire down.

Kawaki ran to the door and kicked it hard. He threw the kunai that he actually bought from that shop and yelled, "You dipshit. How dare you?!" Inojin saw Kawaki teleport to Osamu and sit on him as he punched him.

He saw Sumire get up and run to him. "Kawaki, it's alright-" A small bomb exploded and Kawaki pushed Sumire aside so she won't get hurt. She hit her head while Kawaki got his left arm burnt.

Kawaki gritted his teeth and charged towards Osamu. Inojin saw Kawaki jump back and ask to Sumire, "Who is he?"

But before Sumire could speak, Osamu said, "I love her. And she loves me too." Clearly a lie.

Time skip~

Inojin stood beside Kawaki this time. He flew towards Osamu's side to see clearly where he went. The bomb exploded and he saw Osamu smirk as he moved towards Kawaki who was laying there in his blood.

Osamu stared at Kawaki as he opened Kawaki's mouth wide and-

***

Inojin shot his eyes open. The others looked at him worriedly, asking for the answer.

"Osamu is inside Kawaki."

Hope you like this chapter.

Take care!