Chapter 16

Zanaya POV

" Come on twin, you're slowing down ! " Danny yelled as I flipped him off.

" Hop off, we gon get away we always do, " I replied, trying to catch my breath as we kept running.

Danny and I had to pick up something on the other side of town in the KD folks hood and they unfortunately caught us lacking. We started to fight back until we got outnumbered and decided to just make a run for it.

The guys and I are usually always in charge of making and receiving the drops, but we never have to come on their side. We had to tonight tho because the guy we were meeting only trusted people closest to Glaze, that being Danny and I. He wasn't a part of either side, but he had what we needed and happened to live over here.

" Yeah when it's four not fucking two of us ! And they jacked our car, what the fuck is we gon do ? " Danny panicked as we made it to where we did leave our car, realizing it was gone.

Fuck think Z think...

I looked around until I noticed a car across the street with its windows down.

" How are you gon be in the hood if you don't know the first rule is to keep your windows up at night ... " I said as Danny looked over, noticing the car too and we ran over to it.

I got in the car and immediately hotwired it and sped off in the other direction. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw there was now a car following us and shooting.

" Fuck twin keep it steady ! " Danny yelled as I side-eyed him.

" No I thought I might take my hand off the wheel... " I said sarcastically as he just looked at me.

One thing about Danny... he can panic very easily. We made it over the hill and we knew that once that happened, we would be safe and they weren't gonna follow us anymore.

I kept driving and made it back to our hood as Danny and I pulled up to the trap. We walked in and saw the guys and DJ looking at us with worry in their eyes.

" Are you okay ? What took so long ? " DJ asked as I smiled at her before falling to the ground and passing out.

I woke up in... DJ's room ? I immediately sat up and wincided at the new pain I was in.

" Stop not so fast, how are you feeling ? " DJ asked as my eyes adjusted. I looked down and realized I had been shot in my left shoulder.

" I've had better days... how did we get here ? " I asked as her eyes softened.

" After we cleaned you and Danny up at the trap, I brought you back here with me. I figured it would be safer and more comfortable for you, " She replied as I smiled.

" Thank you baby, how's Danny ? " I questioned as she frowned.

" He's fine, just a couple cuts but only you got shot, did you even know ? " She asked as I shook my head.

" No... I don't know. I was so focused on just getting out of there and my adrenaline was so high I may have not even noticed it, " I admitted, since that has happened to me more than once.

" Well I'm just glad you guys are okay, I was worried, " She sighed as I grabbed her face.

" I'm sorry I worried you, but I would never do something like that to you, I promise, " I said as she smiled and leaned in, giving me a quick kiss.

" Thank you, " She whispered. "also, you were right."

" What do you mean ? "

" Turns out the "friends" I made are all KD folks," She said as I rose my brows.

" How did you find out ? " I asked as I pulled her onto my lap.

She pulled out her phone and showed me some texts from a group chat, I'm guessing the one she had with them. I scrolled through the texts and saw mentions of how they "missed their friends Bex and Krazy".

" I left the group chat, blocked them, and haven't talked to them at school since. I'm sorry I didn't just listen to you Z, " She sighed.

" Don't be sorry baby, you didn't know. I also had no right to try to tell you what to do tho. It's only us and the guys from now on, alright ? Let's just move forward, " I told her softly as she nodded and wiped her eyes.

" I-I love you Z, " She said as I froze completely.

" I love you Z, " Kayla smiled as I finished cleaning up the glass that was in her skin.

I paused for a minute before smiling and saying, " I love you more, my Kayla."

She grabbed my face and pulled me in for a quick kiss and hopped down from the sink, leaving me in my thoughts. I know we were young, but everything with her just feels so real, so natural. I'm happy I've finally found my person in life.

I shook my head as I lightly pushed her off me and rushed to the window, " I gotta go."

" W-wait ! I take it back, don't leave-" She cried as she grabbed my arm, but I shrugged her off and made my way towards her window.

" See you later, " I mumbled as I opened her window, but she grabbed me and pulled me away from it.

" Zanaya please, let's talk about this ! " She pleaded as I looked down.

" Bye ma, " I sighed as she gave up, and I climbed out of her window.

this is short i'm sorry but i'm honestly getting a lot of writer's block , might b ending this book soon 😅