Prologue

Dejah POV

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of gunshots, which was something I had become used to in this neighborhood since my mom and I moved. My dad got caught cheating, so my mom decided we were gonna move a few states away to stay with my grandma for now. My dad and I weren't ever close so I didn't mind leaving, but I was upset I had to leave my girlfriend, Gabby behind. She said nothing would change, so I just hope she was right about that.

I sighed as I got up to go use the bathroom knowing I was about to be up for a while. Every time I would try to go to sleep after hearing them, I would have nightmares or end up hearing some more.

Junior year just ended and I wasn't really looking forward to spending my summer alone and having to make friends with new people just for a year. I was trying to look on the bright side tho, maybe this will be better than I think ? I did have some fallouts just happen, so maybe I could use this fresh start to my advantage.

My thoughts were interrupted as it sounded like something was being thrown against my window ? Maybe I shouldn't have turned my light on tonight.

I made my way to the window slowly as I looked out to see someone with a shiesty mask on looking at me. Raising my eyebrow I was about to say something before they beat me to it.

" Aye ma let me in real quick ! " She yelled.

" I don't even know you-"

" Please ma I'm not tryna get caught right now, I'm not gonna hurt you, " She said as I backed away from the window and closed it along with the curtains.

Not finna get caught up in some shit like that, no ma'am.

I turned off my light and got back in bed trying to calm my mind down until I heard hard knocking on my window. I got up and opened the curtains to see her outside my window.

" What the fuck ? " I semi yelled as she rolled her eyes.

" Just let me in, by the time you wake up tomorrow I'll be gone ight ? " She pleaded as I sighed in defeat and opened the window for her to come in.

" Can I get a name and face at least ? " I asked as I crossed my arms and she looked me up and down.

" Name's Z ma, and you are ? " She replied, taking off her mask as I almost gasped. Now that I was finally getting to see her face, she was actually really sexy. She's brown skin with long locs along with two nose rings. I also noticed she had the snake eye tongue piercing and she was muscular, but tiny at the same time. Her arms were also covered in tattoos along with her neck.

" I'm Dejah, but call me DJ, " I said, shyly as she smirked.

" Alright Dejah, " She laughed as I glared at her.

" I don't have to let you stay here, " I scoffed.

" But yet you are, made you fold before I even took the mask off, " She shrugged.

" I have a girlfriend, " I mumbled, crossing my arms again.

" Yet you're letting a stranger stay in your room for the night... yeah ight, " She replied as she got into my bed.

Who does she think she is ?

" I told you, I'm Z, everybody knows me and knows not to fuck with me around here. Since you're new tho, I guess you gonna have to learn that, " She smirked as I started to blush realizing what I said out loud.

" Whatever, good night, " I mumbled as I got into bed next to her.

" Good night ma, " She said as I fell asleep.