Chapter Fourteen

GRAYSON

GRAYSON

It was all I could do not to hurl Mia back into the room and make sweet love to her again, reminding her that I'll only ever be the one for her.

But I had to restrain myself. Fucking Mia in the pool threw my body and brain into an oblivion and I wished on every fucking star in the New York sky that I could have frozen time.

Being hers again—taking her again—was like something out of a dream. I wanted to stay there forever, not having to live with the doubt or the worry that things could change the minute we land back in England. I wanted to make Mia see how good I can make her feel; how I make her feel like nobody else can. If I'm lucky, she'll be in that room now, dying for more.

The reception is dark and quiet, and I hop over the desk with ease before I slot the keycard back into the drawer. I know I shouldn't have taken the card, but I couldn't resist taking Mia to that pool after I spotted the small sign for it the day we arrived.

Besides, Mia loves a little thrill deep down. Under that perfect, angelic facade, she too seeks a shot of adrenaline. And I can give it to her; every single day of her life.

I leave the reception area without being noticed and I slip back into the elevator. Once I reach the room I'm aware of how erratically my heart is beating, and I'm not usually one to feel such nerves.

Mia doesn't know what the fuck she does to me. She's so goddamn powerful yet she doesn't see how weak and vulnerable she makes me. In fact, I don't think she even realises her own force.

In the room Mia is curled under the duvet, her dark, silky hair spread across the pillow. Her soft, effortless smile spreads across those plump, flushed cheeks of hers and, as I shake my damp hair about, I can't help but grin like a child, positioning myself over the top of her small body and peppering kisses across her lips and cheeks. It's unbelievable, the way she tastes when she's so completely mine.

I place my hand against her cheek, inhaling deeply. "Thank you baby. For everything. For this trip. For...you."

Underneath me, Mia's heartbeat thrashes just like mine. Her dilated pupils and uneven breath reveals her nerves. But her wholesome smile reminds me that her nerves are good ones.

"These have been some of the best few days of my life," she says tenderly, kissing me delicately. "I'll never forget them."

I duck my head, my lips grazing against the heart charm on her necklace and kissing it, sealing my love there for her. Always.

"I don't want to go back," Mia says, bringing my head level with hers. She laughs quietly. "Can't we just live here forever?"