Chapter Five

MIA

MIA

I bolt to the bathroom and lock the door behind me like my life depends on it.

It feels like it does though; it feels like if I stay out there with Grayson for just a second longer then I may spontaneously combust.

I didn't realise he would have this much of an effect on me. But then on the flip side, I don't know why I expected anything less. He's always had an overwhelming sense of power over me. He doesn't even need to say anything and my body is a slave to his energy alone.

All I felt out there was an undeniable urge to taste Grayson. To remind myself of why I missed him so much. When I caught glimpse of his face all I could take in were his plump, pink lips and bam—my brain couldn't present myself with anything other than the image of my lips on his. Tasting. Having. Claiming him after all this time.

I could barely even control the twisted, painful yet pleasurable pulsation that pooled in my stomach every time I took in his hoodie and jogger combo—I'll never be able to get over how he makes it look so darn sexy for that matter.

It wasn't right. It isn't right. We're in dangerous territory and we know it. And we're also flying. In the air. With nowhere to escape even if we wanted to.

Fuck.

I grab the sides of the basin with my hot palms, my fingers curling around the cold of the metal. I duck my head and blow out such a large breath that part of the mirror in front of me condensates for a few seconds.

I look beaten. I look like I'm about to surrender from a fight that I was never prepared for in the first place.

I wasn't prepared though. I just thought that I was. I went into the situation with my head held high and ready to stand my ground—not giving into whatever charm Grayson was ready to throw my way. But I wasn't prepared for what would happen when we were in such close proximity again. I wasn't prepared for how Grayson would be able to suck the oxygen from around me without even trying.

And let me tell you that I was not prepared for how my whole body would betray my mind in an instant; succumbing to the electricity that shot between our souls the second I sat down. I couldn't deal with it. I couldn't fight it. When I looked at Grayson during take off, I was sure that my eyes gave away everything I was feeling.

But I needed him in that moment. I needed his support because I'd never experienced a take off before in my life. Had I had been alone, I think I may have been fine. But the take off was made a thousand times worse due to the fact I already felt queasy, dizzy and nauseous.