Vol 2, Episode 8: Missing

-Vale-

RWBY along with Carter were all standing in front of Professor Oobleck as he was their "professional huntsman".

Weiss: Professor Oobleck?

Oobleck: Yes! Im afraid those bags won't be necessary, seeing you've opted to shadow a huntsman on what now is essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations, rather we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wastelands and making camp at any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I've packed all our essentials myself, charted the course and readied the airship. AND! It's "Doctor" Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much.

Weiss looked at Blake with an confused expression.

Carter: Did anyone understand a word he said?

Oobleck: Come now, children! According to my schedule, we're three minutes behind....schedule!

Oobleck then pulled a roadrunner and ran super fast towards the bullhead.

Carter: Oh I am so getting his drink after this.

Ruby: Well alright then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Dr Oobleck...okay yeah. When you say it out loud, it sounds worse.

A group of footsteps approached from behind.

Nora: Save the world!? Your going on world saving missions without us!? I'm hurt, sad....maybe a little hungry. That last ones not your fault though.....Ren.

Nora looked at Ren, who just looked away, crossing his arms.

Jaune: Sounds exciting. Where you going?

Ruby: Oh, just outside the kingdom.

Nora: Hey! So are we!

Pyrrha: Ren and Nora wanted to shadow a sheriff of a nearby village.

Carter: Which village?

Ren: A small one near Mountain Glenn. We leave tomorrow.

Ren showed the area on his scroll as Carter chuckled.

Carter: Good luck, your all going to need it. I know the sheriff and he's....basically an old version of me.

Jaune: Old version of you? You mean he's-

Carter: Yep. He's got it too. His names Carter Slade and coincidentally the man I was named after too. Anyways good luck with him.

Oobleck (Off Screen): Four minutes, kids!

Everyone stood in an awkward silence.

Ruby: Well....wish us luck!

Team JNPR and RWBY began to head their separate ways. Carter with Team RWBY entered the bullhead and took off towards the mission zone.

As the bullhead flew through the air, Carter was leaning outside the bullhead, as his hair blew in the wind.

Oobleck: Mr Blaze, I highly suggest you stay inside the airship at all times.

Carter: But doc! Check out this vei-

Carter got sucked out of the bullhead as everyone ran to the side of the bullhead.

Weiss: Carter!

Everyone looked out of the bullhead with worry, only for it to turn to an unamused expression. Everyone saw Carter hanging off the landing gear wheel with a cheeky grin.