Vol 2, Episode 7: First Mission

-Next Day-

Following the events of the dance, Carter was standing in Ozpin's office along with Goodwitch and Ironwood.

Ironwood: They were here....Ozpin! They were here!

Carter: Gee, you don't say? Maybe say it twenty more million times!

Goodwitch: Thank you, James! We're very much aware.

Ironwood looked at Goodwitch.

Ironwood: Fantastic! Your aware! Now are we going to do something about it or are we just going to stay the course and continue to ignore what's in front of us?

Carter: Can't do anything when we don't know who's doing it, dumbass!

A beeping on Ozpin's desk interrupted the argument. Ozpin stood up.

Ozpin: Come in.

The elevator doors opened to reveal Ruby walking in.

Ruby: Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally pushed all the buttons on the elevator.

Ruby looked around.

Ruby: It wasn't me.

Ruby began to approach the headmaster.

Ozpin: Thank you for coming, Ruby. How are you feeling?

Ruby: Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad guy catching record wasn't Oh-for-three.

Carter chuckled.

Carter: Don't ever change, pequeña rosa.

Everyone else in the room remained silent at Ruby's remark.

Ruby: Ok, so that's the tone we're going for...got it. 

Ruby nervously rubbed the back of her head. Ironwood then walked up to Ruby.

Ironwood: Ruby, I feel it's appropriate for you to know what you did last night is exactly what a huntress is being all about.

Carter: I hate to agree with Metal-for-brains here but he's got a point. You saw a potential threat, you took action and you did the best you can do.

Ruby: Oh, um. Thank you.

Ozpin: Now the general here has already informed us about the events that transpired last night. But now that your rested, we were wondering if you had anything to add?

Goodwitch: Was anyone with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?

Ruby began to think.

Ruby: I...I don't know. She was wearing a mask and she never said anything to me. But she fought with glass but I don't think it was her semblance. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked.

Goodwitch: Besides the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought when we met Ruby.

Carter: Embedding dust into clothing is an old technique. A Village Elder used to do it.

Ironwood: Anyone can learn and use this technique. It could be anyone.

Ruby: Wait? You think this girl's connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?

Ozpin: It's possible.....but we don't have the necessary evidence to link the two together.

Carter: So basically we're up shit-creak without a paddle now? Jodido genial.

The room stood in silence a bit before Ruby spoke up.

Ruby: Actually I think I heard her mention something about a hideout or something in the southeast. Just outside the kingdom.