The White Star (333-335)

Começar do início

...he will go and check on them.

Whereas Cale stretched his back and heard the satisfying sound of his spine popping, the god teleported himself away. Cale contemplated whether he should sit down on the empty spot or change to a different table. Some noises to his left alerted him.

(Meanwhile, Choi Han and Kim Rok Soo were glaring at each other when they realized that Cale wasn't in the middle anymore and nobody obstructed the view toward the other. They sneered simultaneously.

Rex was silently praying in the hope that either the young master returned or that he, at least, will take the two of them with him when he leaves the table.)

The noise that caught Cale's attention was an animated Pendrick laughing and gesturing with the dragons. The elf beamed in happiness. Cale was impressed that he could laugh with so many glares directed toward him from his fellow elves.

Raon also started slowly drifting toward Eruhaben, which didn't go unnoticed. The ancient dragon gazed at them and moved to make room with a sigh. Cale frowned. Why was the dragon looking at him like was a chore? He didn't do anything.

...this time.

The decision was made and Cale as well as Raon quickly joined the dragon table.

(Choi Han left the Mogoru table not even a second after confirming that Cale won't return. Alberu greeted him with a smile while Rosalyn teased him endlessly.

Kim Rok Soo stayed where he was – the couch got really comfortable after his butt made the perfect dent in the fabric -, but decided that he will join his family in a few minutes.)

The screen un-paused itself.

'Excuse me? A fake?
What is he talking about?'

It was as Cale's face slowly turned into a frown.

Alberu muttered under his breath.

"You are excused."

Rosalyn just smiled. She got what the royal was meaning and found the whole situation hilarious. Lock didn't quite understand and asked Choi Han, who just like his younger companion also didn't know what the two nobles were talking about.

Rosalyn took pity on them.

"The young master never apologizes for all the chaos. His Highness just took the next best thing, which is Young Master Cale being affronted while muttering vague words that could be interpreted as an apology."

Choi Han sighed. That sounded like Cale, all right.

Lock continued looking confused.

Alberu didn't pay them any mind and went on with his complaints.

Side A just looked at them with clear distaste and judgment.

– I thought you were the heir to the Dragon Slayer household, but your bloodline is not the Dragon Catcher bloodline.

"..."

"What?"

"Eh."

"I did not expect that."

The Dragon Half-Blood sipped a cup of tea when the screen announced Eruhaben's answer and the poor man choked on his tea. He hacked up the wayward liquid while directing his wide eyes from the screen toward a nonchalant Eruhaben.

Cale, seemingly obvious to the poor man's reaction, only looked at him – still coughing up half of his lungs – and commented with a stoic voice.

"Don't choke to death. Saving you took some time and I would really like to avoid that."