28. Mehendi

The idea of getting married to Raghav seemed beautiful and exciting but it didn't take long for all my delusions to end

The moment I woke up after the day of our engagement I expected to get some cuddles from my fiance and then we'll enjoy some time together while talking about everything that happened yesterday. But my best friend just can't see me happy.

As soon as I opened my eyes both Aparajit and Shravani were hovering over me with an evil smile on their faces.

"What are you doing in my room?" I asked, getting up on my elbow.

"You're going to get married in a few days," Aparajit said extremely slowly like he was talking to a kid. " With Raghav. And we have to do a lot of shopping for that."

"Yeah. I know that but we still have time right?"

"No! Time is the only thing we don't have," and with that Shravani was in her lady boss mode. She pushed me inside the washroom and was about to  bathe me but I had to remind her that I'm a grown-up woman.

By the time I came back, Aparajit had taken Raghav for his outfit shopping and I went with Shravani to the shop. Trust me, I'm excited for this wedding and all the functions of the wedding but this tiring shopping schedule had me breaking down in tears.

On top of that, having a partner like Shravani is just a gift. Note the sarcasm. She's my best friend but nothing can change the fact that she's the worst shopping companion. Her fashion sense is amazing but that's the problem, she just doesn't like anything.

We only had one day to do that shopping for the whole wedding. It took us hours to select just one outfit. Because none of them looked perfect to me. Surprisingly the first outfit that I selected was my wedding lehenga, one look at that outfit and it stole my heart. And the moment I wore it Shravani started crying and I knew this was going to be my wedding outfit.

But unfortunately, it took a lot of time to select other outfits. It was almost evening and we were stuck in the pile of clothes while staring at each other. Thankfully we met a fashion designer who helped us with the outfit.

" Yes, baby. I'm coming," our designer, Henry said on his phone cutely while making both Shravani and I chuckle. " No, I haven't forgotten about our date. I'll be there in 30 minutes." Ending the call and looking at us with a blush. " Sorry, that was really unprofessional.'

" Aww, you are so cute," Shravani cooed.

Thanks to Mannat and Henry, the owner of that shop, we were able to find our desired dresses. It's surprising how these two are boys, still their fashion and makeup sense are better than ours.

I know that the time is changing and men are also adapting to that change but still I was awestruck by both of them.

Back to fast forward tonight is our mehendi and Sangeet ceremony. Because of the lack of time we had to do both functions together. The shivers of nervousness had started to affect me, I felt nausea as the palace was being decorated and the thought of getting married was making me shake.