10. Dayout

After taking a few deep breaths I finally knocked on the door and waited for command

"Come in," my father's voice came and I slowly opened the door . " Jaanu, since when did you start knocking on the door?

Letting out a nervous chuckle I moved forward and took a seat in front of him. Usually I would barge in without any warning but today I didn't have that privilege as I wanted to be in his good books. In short I wanted something from him so I had no option but to behave like an obedient daughter.

"Baba, can I go out today?" I fiddled with my dupatta while taking the permission.

"Where?"

" To the beach, shopping , then eating. Or maybe first eating then shopping," I rambled.

He stared at me, maybe to ask if I was being serious or just joking. I gave him a cute smile which can melt anyone's heart but he shook his head," No, Princess. It's not safe right now. "

When is it ever safe? I wanted to ask.

"Baba please. You know I finally got the permission letter, you didn't even give me any gift. Just allow me to go out for a day as a gift. "

"Fine," he sighed, making me smile but he pointed his finger before I could say anything. " But I've two conditions?"

Stomping my hands on the table I got up and glared at him. " What kind of fatherly behaviour is this? Whenever your daughter wants something from you she has to sacrifice in return. This is not fair. "

" This world is not fair," he commented and glared back at me. " And you need to learn how to live in this unfair world. "

" How will I learn if you don't let me fly on my own?"

" I'm letting you fly," he argued, earning a sigh from me. " I'm just putting a safety net on the ground so that you don't get hurt if you fall. "

" What are your conditions?" I asked, having no other option but to obey him.

"You'll listen to Raghav throughout the day, I don't want any complaints," the first one seemed easy and I waited for his second condition. "And I have selected another guy whom you'll go on a date with."

" Date? Again? Baba, what is this?" I groaned even though I knew since the party that this was coming.

" It's your choice," he shrugged and went back to reading his book.

I narrowed my eyes at his tactics, one way or another he's going to make go for that date. It's better if I enjoy today.

*
*
*

"What?! I'm halfway through the beach and you're telling me now that you can't come!!"I shouted on the phone, making both Raghav who is driving beside me and Shravani on the other side of the phone hiss. " I didn't even bring my baby with me because you told me so. "