26. Engagement (Part-2)

" Yes, Raghav," Baba asked with a nod

Raghav's eyes met mine and he silently asked for my permission. And it didn't take much to guess what he was asking about. My heart was racing just thinking about it.

He was about to do something huge, something I was scared to even think about. He was taking a step forward. For us. And even after what I did to him he was still ready to do this. That alone was enough to fill me with so much joy.

At that moment, all my worries started disappearing. The fear of society, my father and the law left my mind. I completely forgot that I was the princess and the outcome vanished from my vision. I mean, after nearly getting engaged with someone else, there's no way I could go through this kind of heartache again.

So, I nodded at him in reply. That brought a breathtaking smile on his face and he turned towards my father with pure determination on his face.

"Aapki beti ka hath thamna chahta hu. Hamesha ke liye," came his words.

[I want to hold your daughter's hand. For Forever.]

And not only did he increase my heartbeat but also of every person that was present in the hall. My bodyguard was exposing our relationship. The forbidden relation. Even without looking I could say that everyone was in their attack mode right now.

The first thing that my father did was he glanced at me and my face must have told the reality.

" Raghav? What are you talking about? Do you understand how serious the situation is?" The anger was visible in his voice. And the seriousness of the reality hit me.

If things went wrong then I'll never be able to see Raghav again. He'll be banished from the city and after that it'll be the end of us. Tears started forming in my eyes as I stared at both of them.

"That's why I'm saying this. Due to the burden of society you're forcing her to go on dates with men forcefully. She's getting engaged even when she loves someone else just to protect her father. I can't see her suffering," he revealed. " I want to be with her. Protect her. Even if that means getting engaged with her. "

My hands were trembling, desperate to hold on to something. I could practically feel the anxiety rising in my chest, taking a quick look around I immediately turned my face away as I got to know that half of the eyes were already staring at me and the other half obviously on the two most important man of my life.

" Jaanu, do you like him?" Baba asked and I would have replied with a yes if it wasn't for the huge crowd of people in front of us. " Rajkumari Jaanki, I'm asking you something. "

Blinking back my tears I faced my father completely blocking all the people watching us. Their judgement and comments could wait but my confession couldn't. If Raghav could get the courage to do this , so could I.