Prologue

Prologue

Fiza looked up at her husband, her eyes brimming with tears. She wished she could just wake up from this nightmare.

"It's okay, Fiza. I'm here for you. I'll help you move on from him. It's okay," he comforted, drawing closer. "I'm going to kiss you, okay?"

She nodded slowly, feeling his unfamiliar lips against hers and his hands on her waist. But she felt nothing; her body had gone numb.

All she wanted was Alan, her Alan, and no one else. Her mind drifted back to their last conversation-it had been so frantic. She had asked him to promise her something so important.

"Promise me that no matter what happens, our love, our relationship, meant something. Promise me you won't go back to who you were before we met. Promise me you'll stay strong, be brave, and keep moving forward," she had pleaded.

And he had replied, "There's no life for me without you, Fiza. There's nothing left ahead to move forward to. Run away with me."

Oh, how she wished she had run away with him. But here she was now, in someone else's arms, trying to rebuild a life from scratch.

"Stop," she said firmly, and he immediately pulled back, unlike Alan, who always needed a few reminders before he'd listen. She wondered if that had been passion or just disrespect?

Her husband reassured her, "Everything will be okay." She peered into his gentle, caring eyes but she couldn't see his soul the way she could see Alan's. A heavy sigh escaped her lips; all her tears were spent. The epic romance had come to an end, and Alan hadn't even tried to reach out after her wedding. No fairy tale ending for them.

Is love enough?

**********************************************
First edit in progress- January 18 2024 - present
**********************************************

Do vote and comment!

❤️ Faiza
*********************************************