Chapter 16

Levi Berkshire:

Hold shit. The words I've just read were written so long ago, at such a young age, and yet they brought tears to my eyes.

She hasn't had a good try at life, from the get go. I spent all night reading the words over and over. Even my letter.

The one to her father made me laugh, and then it angered me, she compared me to him again.

Fuck sakes, I've messed up so badly.

✄- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As it's still early I'm not surprised Yellows not up yet. However, Gloria is, and she's just as mad at me as Lina is.

"I don't know what you did, but you better fix it. ella te ama y tú la destruiste." She grumbles
(She loves you, and you destroyed her.)

I wish I knew what that meant, but I don't. Goddamn it! I'm so fucking stupid.

"H-how do you know she's hurt?" I stutter out

"Because she called me last night. She was hysterical and trying not to hurt herself!" She yells at me

Oh my shit. I-

"G'morning Gloria" I hear a voice cut me off

"Morning dearie!" She replies

When I look over I hear whispers in a hushed conversation. Occasionally one of them would look over to me and catch my eye, then look away.

I watch as Gloria demands to see Evangelina's wrists. She willingly shows her and softly smiles.

It's fake though. I can tell.

"Evangelina. C'mere" I say in a dominant tone

She rolls her eyes as she walks over, "what?"

"Gloria, could you step out please"

She nods and walks out, not before sending a worried look to Yellow.

"Show me." I say, trying to keep my anger to a minimum

A short flash of fear shoots through her eyes and I know I've caught her.

Her face morphs into one of fake confusion and she shakes her head.

"Pull your pants down and show me how bad they got." I clarify

"Fuck you I'm not doing shit!" She yells at me and begins to turn

I catch her wrist and begin to plead "Yellow, please, I'm sorry, just show me."

Her eyes soften and she sighs before pushing her pyjama pants down.

"Happy?" She asks sarcastically

I look at her with anger and she slightly separates her legs; showing me the red skin.

"Oh no..no, no" I mumble as tears pool in my eyes.

As I meet hers, their teary too.

"Baby..I-" tears run down my face and I place my head in my hands "goddamn it"

She crouches down next to me and removes my hands. With a deep breath she kisses me. It's soft and sweet, unlike our usual feverish ones.
Our lips part with a pop and she sits down beside me again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you I-"

"I know. It's okay, I forgive you." She says staring at the wall in front of us.

My phone rings and I see it's Ashton. Fuck me.

"I- I have to answer this.." I say, she nods

"What the fuck you you want?!" I shout after I've made it out of the room.