chapter thirteen: just be a housewife

Aviwe's POV

I don't know if what I'm doing is right or wrong but if it's wrong then I guess I don't wanna be right. I look at my precious angel. She's so beautiful. My eyes focus on her eyes. They are really puffy and it's all because of me. I hurt her. I'm making a promise to myself at this moment to never hurt her again. I whisper underneath my breath...

Aviwe: I'm sorry, baby. I'll never give you a reason to cry, ever again.

Thando's POV

After hours of flying, we finally arrive in Cleveland. We request a ride and head to the hotel where we're going to be spending a couple of nights. On the ride there, he holds my hand and looks at me in a very remorseful expression, almost as if he's apologising. I nod and look out the window, enjoying the view.

We arrive at the hotel and check in. He takes a shower first while I unpack. He gets out and wears pajamas that I took out for him. I take a shower and wear a pair pajamas that matches his. I wear my novelty slipper with them. I still have my weave from the wedding so I just comb it and head back inside.

Aviwe: wanna order in?
Thando: sure.
Aviwe: what do you feel like having?
Thando: some McDonald's.

He places the order and we sit on the couch together while he's busy on the laptop.

Aviwe: the next couple of days are going to be very busy for us but it's okay, right?
Thando: right.

Our food finally arrives. And we start eating.

Aviwe: we have appointments tomorrow. so we have to be up really early.
Thando: for?
Aviwe: one with the dealership and another one with the agency. I am not willing to stay here for long.
Thando: okay.

He looks at me suspiciously and closes his laptop. He places both elbows on his lap while looking at me, he takes his left hands on place it on my one knee since I'm sitting with my feet on the couch, facing him.

Aviwe: talk to me.
Thando: I'm okay.
Aviwe: no, you're not.
Thando: I think it's just crazy how this all happening, our parents could have just chosen to be a part of this but here we are, overseas on our own.
Aviwe: baby, they chose to not be here so we don't need to be worrying about people who don't want to be a part of our lives. stop stressing, everything will come together, I promise.

I nod and we continue eating. We throw everything away after eating and we head to bed. We cuddle and eventually fall asleep. If loving this man was a crime, I guess I'd do the time.

We wake up early the next morning and get ready to leave. I'm wearing some boyfriend jeans with an orange hoodie. I'm wearing my wig down and I'm wearing white sneakers. I pick his outfit too, which is a baby pink hoodie with blue ripped jeans and white airforces. After getting ready, I take a black crossbody bag and we leave. We get to the dealership and they get all the necessities out of the way. We get the keys to the new baby and we leave. From the dealership, we head to a local restaurant for some breakfast. After breakfast, we go to our meeting with the new agent.

Agent: good morning, Mr and Mrs Sibeko.

Aviwe grins and looks at me, before holding my hand as we head inside the office.

Agent: please do take your seat.

We do as told.

Agent: tell me, how can I help you today?
Aviwe: we need a house, asap.
Thando: a big house, maybe large house.
Agent: alright, would you like to give a deeper description of what you're looking for.
Aviwe: a house that's big, has a lot of garage space, a cinema.
Thando: a big laundry room, a big kitchen as well. a huge yard.
Agency: i may have an idea where the exact house maybe, please do return tomorrow to view some houses with me, if that is okay with you?
Aviwe: of course.
Thando: thank you, Ms...
Agent: oh please call me Shanice.
Thando: Shanice, alright then.