chapter seven: just say "yes"

A year later.

Thando's POV
09 August

Life is good, man.

After the whole drama where we put our lives in danger. Our men sorted it out. My parents were so angry at me for taking their car and "selling it like it meant nothing", my mom said. They forgave me after a few days. But after selling the car, we heard that the new owners got shot so those men. My heart was shattered for those people, they knew nothing. My parents bought me a car as promised because I passed all my modules with flying colours, they bought me a white Audi Q3.

My relationship with Aviwe is absolutely amazing. I love him more and more with each day that goes by.

We lived with him for a while after the whole drama but we moved to a new apartment about 30 minutes away from his house. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's obviously, white and black themed. It's way more spacious. It has two bedrooms, ensuites. It has a gorgeous kitchen and a dining area and a living room.

We've become really close with the boys and school has been amazing.

Anyway, it's a public holiday and my man is coming to fetch me for a movie. Well, the reason why I didn't say he's taking me out is because it's at his house.

He fetches me around 13:37 and we drive to his house while just catching up.

Aviwe: how's school, babe?
Thando: I wanna be a house wife.
Aviwe: i don't mind.
Thando: haibo, I was joking.
Aviwe: mxm.

We get to his house and I walk in to the cinema where I find that he removed the huge couch from there and there's a blanket on the floor. On the blanket is pizza, cookies and milk. As I get closer and sit down, I notice a small box as well. I open it and find a ring. The diamond is so big and shiny.

He walks in holding a bunch of flowers.
He hands me a note that says 'marry me'...

Oh I love this man.

Thando: yes!
Aviwe: yes?

I stand up and I give him the biggest hug ever.

Thando: yes! a million times, yes!

Then it dawned on me, I said we couldn't get married until I was done with my studies.

Thando: but my studies...
Aviwe: sit down.

We sit down and he holds my hands.

Aviwe: baby, I'll never stop you from chasing your dreams. you can continue with your studies, even after we get married.
Thando: well then, yes.

He picks me up and spins me around. He puts me down and looks deep into my eyes and give me a peck on my forehead.

Aviwe: i love you.
Thando: I love you too.

I take a picture of my hand on his and send it to Uyathandwa. She replies...

Uya: no ways!
Thando: yes ways!
Uya: what did you say?
Thando: I said yes.
Uya: congratulations bae!

I switch off my phone and spend the rest of my day spending quality time with my fiancé.

Uya's POV

I can't believe he finally put a ring on it. I'm so happy for them hle. If only this idiot of mine wasn't so cultural. He'd also put a ring on it. Oh another bomb I've got to drop on you, Ntsikelelo has a child. A whole human being. He told me this a few months ago, was i not livid? How do you hide the fact that you have a child for so long?

His child is 2 years old, his birthday is on the 18th of November which is the day before mine. Apparently, the mom wants nothing to do with him. I'm more than happy to be his mother now, I feel much better about it. His name is Nkosiyesizwe Ntsikelelo Junior Dlamini, all given to him by his father.