Gift / Game

" LUUUUUUUI !"

The Blader in question sighed of resignation as he stood up, abandoning his shooting position, his launcher who was now hanging near one of his thighs. His gaze sharpened and he stared at the entrance of the underground room, fatally waiting for his visitor to burst in.

The ground trembled and a rumble was heard increasingly. The doors were slammed against the wall in a dramatic way, revealing an overexcited young blond, armed with a backpack.

" Hi Lui! It's been too long! How have things been going since then? "

Dante eagerly threw himself on the older boy, his arms wide apart as if he wanted to imitate the wingspan of an albatross. But he found himself suddenly stopped by a pale hand which was pressed against his forehead, preventing him from getting close to the ice ogre who was looking at him with an exasperated air of "Why did I accept him here?" and a tiny, tiny smile.

" What do you want, Dante? " asked Lui going straight to the heart of the matter, not bothering to beat around the bush. The dragon tamer stepped back to get away from his hand and then smiled big before staring at him with determination.

" I came to challenge you in a fight and thus defeat you! " he said and punctuated his words by taking out his faithful teammate and brandishing him in front of the fire-haired Blader.

His interlocutor lowered his head sighing, then he stood up and nodded.

" All right, I'll face you."

" Nice! " exclaimed Dante fist pumping.

With a smirk, Lui turned around, about to walk to the opposite side of the stadium when his opponent suddenly interrupted him.

" Hold on! "

" What else? " The frozen ogre growled with impatience, turning his head towards the blond guy who had taken off his backpack and was frenetically digging in.

" Before our battle, I have something for you... Here it is! "

And he handed to the older Blader a small bracelet made of string, which Lui grabbed quickly before unveiling it by reopening his fist.

" What is it? A Brazilian bracelet? " He asked while observing the colors of the threads: the arrow pattern alternated between light blue, white and purple and ended in two braids to be closed. He raised his eyebrows, realizing that Dante had tried to represent him through these colours.

" Well..." said Dante with two rosy cheeks, " Free showed me a few days ago how to make Brazilian bracelets, and in the colors he gave me, I found that these fit to some extent with you, so I thought it would be nice to make you one. Like light blue is for your hair, purple is for your eyes and white is for your feather sling... Well, the pattern is pretty simplistic and maybe it's not your style of jewelry, besides you may not be used to wearing jewelry, but-"

The blond's nervous ramblings were cut off by an unexpected hand on his head, which began to pat it. He raised his head, his mouth open in «o» under the blow of surprise, and looked at the frozen ogre who had a pleasant smile, his eyes seemed having a very affectionate look.

" That's very kind of you, Dante. I thank you very much for your gift," Lui calmly announced.

The young blond's eyes shone with satisfaction and he shook his head. 

Also, it was not a surprise when three weeks later, during a solo tournament, the frozen ogre tried to contact the dragon tamer first. And what a surprise for him to see the older Blader handing him a small Brazilian bracelet with a blue thread, a green thread and a yellow thread.

————————————————————————————————————————

The dragon tamer stared dramatically at the ice ogre and the lone wolf, his face hidden behind his last card: the older blond was exactly the definition of the Poker Face, with no sign of reaction on his face, positive or negative. As for his second opponent, the fire-haired Blader had a smirking smile, a sign of an approaching catastrophe. And because of the sense of rotation in which they played, the victim of the future cataclysm would be... Free.

Overall situation report: Lui had 3 cards, Free had 4 cards and he had only one card left that he was sure he could play.

" Lui, I know what you're going to do is a bad idea ", Free addressed the frozen ogre without looking it in the eye, "So don't do it."

In return, Lui discovered his sharp teeth and offered the most evil and sneaky smile he could. And he laid in the center of the table in the most dramatic way... a yellow draw 2.

You are unbearable, declared the former world champion with a sigh. But instead of drawing his two cards as agreed, he selected a card from his game and added it to the central pile.

Another draw 2 !

Dante looked at his own game, realizing that his inability to counter Free's action would lead him to draw not two, but four cards!

" NOOOOOOO! So close!" he lamented, slamming his face against the table.

Lui burst out laughing, having fun of the young man's distress, while Free shook his head with exasperation but always with a smile on his face.

Few days ago, I went to the beach with my best friend. As she couldn't go in the water, she had brought something to make Brazilian bracelets and taught me. And like Dante, I chose the colors of Lui for my bracelet. That's what inspired me~