Hugs + The Voice (2)

Ogre Island : training room 

Lui grumbled and pulled on the grip of his machine, pulling out the cables and coils installed at the end of the machine absorbed the electricity created. Then he put it back, and then he pulled again. And so on... A daily training that had no secrets for him for many years.

For Lui, his training was not only a way for him to practice: this time of the day allowed him to think quietly, without risking being disturbed.

Well, that's what it was supposed to be until a mysterious mass struck the frozen ogre, which stumbled under the force of the impact. His balance quickly recovered, he turned his head with a furious look to see who had dared to interrupt his training in this way. In front of the person's face, his mood lightened slightly, going from furious to annoyed.

" Hiya Lui ! "

" Dante, I thought I told you to stop doing that when I'm training..."

" But it's so funny when I surprise you! " The blond smiled looking at the older Blader and tightened his arms around his waist.

Lui sighed before smiling. He turned completely to face the youngest and hugged him back,  bringing him closer to him.

" So, how long are you staying here this time? "

" Much longer! I decided to enter the national competition! " he announced with a huge smile, all excited. The frozen ogre raised his eyebrows with surprise but then had a smirk.

" So you want to try and dethrone me? "

" Exactly! I'll burst your Luínor and win the title! "

" Keep dreaming, pipsqueak! " Lui laughed and put his hand on the blond's hair, " For that, you're gonna need a lot more practice than you can imagine."

" That's why I'm going to give my all with the Victories! And you'll see, I'll be the one you'll battle with! "

" Well, in that case..."

Lui let go of the dragon tamer and went towards the arena. Then he turned his head and smiled.

" I'll be waiting for you at the tournament finals."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Free, did you know that Lui could sing? " asked Dante, setting the table with the other blond Blader, while Lui was cooking.

Free turned his head to look at him with surprise, obviously not expecting this question.

" Pardon? "

" I said that Lui had a beautiful voice ", said the dragon tamer with a bright smile. " Before practice this morning, he sang... Before you throw, I think ? "

" It was Before you go ", rectified the frozen ogre from the next room, which made Free laugh.

" His favorite song, I'm not even surprised. I stopped a long time ago trying to find an area where Mister wasn't good..."

" You finally recognize that I am perfect! " announced Lui when he entered the room with a full pan, which he placed on the settled table.

" Not exactly what I said ", replied the blond by putting an arm around his shoulders to bring him closer.

" Yeah, but that's enough for me ", he smirked.

Then the three dined quietly, discussing mainly about all news affecting the Beyblade.

Later, sitting between the two older Bladers, Dante brought the subject again.

" And you Free, do you sing ? "

" Absolutely not, he sings off-key ! " Lui laughed. 

" Well, know that I can sing very well ", replied Free, turning to his companion. " Even better than the other arrogant."

" Go ahead! I'd like to see you try to do better than my unmatching abilities ", he boasted.

The blond got up from the couch and turned on his phone. He picked his playlist, looked for a moment and finally put in a song.

[ 0.44 - 0.54 ]

" So ? " 

" It was absolutely fantastic! " Dante got up and ran to his brother. " What's the title? "

" It's Mood by 24kGoldn. "

" Not bad ", granted Lui by coming closer. , "But I bet I'm doing better than you on your favorite song."

" Good luck with that! "

[ 0.11 - 0.20 ]

" Okay, war is on ! "

But before the two boys could put on another song, they heard their little brother yawning. Both turned to Dante, who did his best to keep their eyes open.

" Come on, it's time for bed now! " 

" No! I want to stay and listen to you! " pouted the blond. " It's funny to see you face each other in a field other than in a stadium. "

" We'll continue tomorrow ", promised Lui.

" Come on, go to bed. "

Dante sighed and resigned himself.

" Goodnight ! "

And he went out of the living room. Once they were sure he was far enough away, the two Bladers looked into each other's eyes.

" Tie ? "

" Okay, but only this time. "