Endgame

Lui and Free were on the edge of the cliff, silent. The words " In order to take to stone, you must lose that which you love... An everlasting exchange." resonated strongly in their minds. 

" You know that one of us will have to do it..." The blond broke the silence and turned to his companion.

" Don't you dare finish that sentence! " Lui threatened him, but it was fear that made him look so aggressive.

" For the last five years, I've been trying to do one thing : get to right here." Free continued to talk, " That's all it's been about. Bringing everybody back. It's our mission, you know it..."

" No, don't you get all decent on me now ", Lui tried to mock but his voice was beginning to break under the emotion.

" What, you think I wanna do it ? " Free took the fire-haired hero by his shoulders, " I'm trying to save your life, you idiot ! "

" Yeah, well. I don't want you to. How's that ? "

Free looked him in the eye, without a word

" Free, you know what I've done... You know what I've become..." Lui looked down

" I don't judge people on their worst mistakes " Free replied by lifting his face up to the height of his own.

The two blew for a long time, then separated, with the hope that the other would eventually resign.

" Okay. You win " Lui said. Free, however, did not smile at his answer, since there was no victory in this situation. 

" All right..."

Lui had a smirk on his face, and in the blink of an eye, he turned his companion and tackled him to the ground, pinning him with his right arm. 

" Tell Dante and our friends I love them ! "

But barely a second later, Free caught the other hero and tipped him over, landing him to his left. He hurried up and waved his left arm, his hand surrounded by a golden yellow aura.

" You tell them yourself ! "

And he fired an explosion into his companion's chest, stunning him. He took this opportunity to run towards the edge of the cliff.

But the fire-haired hero did not remain stunned very long: he recovered in a few seconds and got up again. He aimed an area near the blond and fired an electric whip, blowing up the area and throwing Free on debris. At once he ran and, at the limit with the ground, took as much impulse as he could and jumped into the void. 

It was without counting the impressive speed of the other hero, who threw himself after him and grabbed his body.

The two boys fell before stopping abruptly. Lui looked at the grappling hook, which held them both, but realized that the grapple was his, since he was the one that was attached to the rope.

Panicked, he glanced at the blond he was holding only by the wrist and tried to bring his other hand to secure him, but the position he was in made the action impossible.

" Lui."

Said hero turned his head towards him: his companion looked at him with a false calm looking, betrayed by the tremors Lui could feel in his grip. 

" Free, please ! " He begged him, tears filling his purple eyes.

" Let me go. " the blond tried to convince him, " It's all good."

" No ! I don't want to ! "

Being aware that this moment would be the last for them, he did his best to offer the most beautiful smile to his companion.

" You know, your eyes are prettier without all those tears ruining them..."

Lui wiped his tears violently with the hanging arm, wanting to offer this little victory to his fiancé. Free looked at him tenderly, before uttering his last words.

" Take care of our little dragon, I'll watch you from up there."

And with these words, he placed his leg against the cliff and gave an impulse. The hand that held his wrist let him go and his body fell. Throughout the fall, the blond kept his gaze on his fiancé, who was still clinging to his grappling hook, preferring to have as his last memory the sight of Lui rather than to think of the ground that-

Lui looked away and waited few seconds before looking at Free's body. Seeing the blond, he couldn't do anything else but scream of pain. 

Then, a flash of light blinded him and he found himself in a pool of water, still on Vormir. And when he opened his hand, this ****** stone was here, almost mocking.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

In the present time, nine characters reappeared in the hangar: Shu, Valt, Hikaru and Gwyn returned from 2012, Dante and Silas came from 2013, Aiger and Rantaro from the planet Morag in 2014, and finally Lui from the planet Vormir in 2014. Everyone was looking at everyone who was there to make sure that everyone had returned safely.

" Lui ? " Shu asked as his rival collapsed on his knees on the platform, " Where's Free ? "

A tear fell on the cheek of the fire-haired hero, drawing the attention of other heroes. The albino froze in front of his reaction, Valt tightened his hand around the arm of his companion.

" I... We..."

 Each person, faced with the absence of a full answer and the absence of their comrade, understood what the white tyrant meant and bowed his head in mourning.

He got up and approached his little brother before hugging him tightly, both mourning together the loss of a fiancé for one and the loss of a brother for the other.

" I swear I will kill Thanos by my own hands! "

I'm sorry, I had to do it ! I got the idea while listening ( Hawkeye sings a song ). It's the first time I almost cried when I wrote this... 

So, in this one shot :

Shu = Steve

Valt = Tony

Free = Natasha

Lui = Clint

Hikaru = Bruce

Dante = Thor

Silas = Rocket

Rantaro = Nebula

Gwyn = Scott

Aiger = Rhodes

And by the way, as I couldn't find any pictures of Lui crying, I modified one :)