Sickness (2)

Dante stepped into the corridors, as silent and discreet as a shadow during the night. He stopped at a door and took the handle. He turned it as slowly as possible and opened the door millimeter by millimeter. In this room, a young man was still asleep, completely unaware of the intrusive presence of the blond.

With a mischievous smile, the dragon tamer tiptoed in and approached the bed. He stood over the sleeping young man and patiently waited for a few moments before gradually beginning to lean towards his victim. But as he approached him, the frozen ogre turned in his sleep, facing the younger one. Dante frowned when he saw his older brother's face: his face tense with discomfort was pale and his forehead beaded with sweat. Then he changed his mind and began to gently shake the fire-haired Blader by the shoulder.

" Lui ", he whispered, " Wake up..."

The latter grumbled, feeling himself drawn out of his sleep, and opened a grumpy eye.

" Get out of my room, Dante," he tried to order in spite of his hoarse voice. "It's too early to play..."

The frown of the younger child increased as he released his shoulder and placed his hand on his forehead.

" You look like you have a fever... your forehead is hot! "

Lui closed his eye and turned so that his back was facing the dragon tamer.

" It will pass, as usual..."

Dante tried to contradict the frozen ogre, but shut up and quietly left the room. He went back to his room and grabbed his phone.

" It's time to call for backup " He thought by tapping into one of his main contacts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing Lui noticed when he started to wake up was two distinct voices: the first sounded young and with a slightly louder sound volume than the second voice which seemed almost monotonous. But their words sounded blurred for him, as if he had plugged his ears with cotton.

The frozen ogre turned and heard the two voices shut up because of his movements. But as he opened his eyes and began to straighten up, two powerful hands rested on his chest and stopped him.

" Go back to sleep," said a soft, low voice. The fire-haired Blader forced himself to open his eyes completely and saw his companion with sunny yellow hair and ebony eyes.

" Free? " His voice came out slightly whispering. Fortunately, his listener managed to hear it.

" You have a fairly high fever at the moment ", said the blond man when he managed to put his companion back to bed. Then he turned to the other Blader present in the room.

" Dante, can you get me a wet towel, please? "

" Of course ", replied the dragon tamer and went out of the room to get a towel.

" What are you doing here? " asked Lui looking at the other Blader, " I hope you didn't fly here just because I was a little hot...?"

" So you know, I was already in Japan when Dante asked me to come and help him with you ", replied Free with a smile, " And I would still have come, whether I was in another country or on another continent."

The frozen ogre turned his head in a vain attempt to hide the smile that had appeared, making the other young man laugh.

==========================================================================

" Achoo! "

The blond's sneeze echoed throughout the clearing. The annoyed Blader frowned eyebrows and pinched the bridge of his nose: since the day before, he sneezed constantly and it began to give him a headache.

Free closed his eyes for the umpteenth time and began meditating again... to sneeze once again a few minutes later.

" Oy! De La Hoya! You planned to make all the trees in the forest fly away or what? " A voice mocked. The lone wolf turned his head and saw the frozen ogre approaching.

" Hi Lui ", greeted Free with a small smile.

" So, what do you have? Are you allergic to pollen? " asked the fire-haired Blader, sitting next to the blond.

" It's nothing, I probably caught cold..." Free squinted because of the brightness of the light reflections of the lake water.

Lui looked at him, his smirk gone: his companion seemed paler than usual, and he seemed to have a headache.

" I came to tell you it was lunch time."

Free nodded and rose.

" All right. Then let's go."

Both left the clearing and left for the cafeteria.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free rubbed his temples, closing his eyes strongly, well aware of the worried look his companion would have. But this headache was definitely well installed and refused to give him even a moment of respite. And those sneezes that didn't end...

" Free, you really should go to your room. At least it'll be quiet and you can take medication."

" Lui ", the blond opened his eyes and turned towards the other Blader, " it's very kind of you to worry about me but I assure you it will be okay."

The fire-haired Blader sighed and rose. Then, without warning, he grabbed the lone wolf's wrist and pulled him out of the cafeteria with him. Once they were out of the room, Lui lifted Free and began to drag him to the dormitories.

" Lui! Put me down now! " Free demanded, but regretted instantly because of the wave of pain caused by his headache.

" Of the two of us, I sometimes wonder who is more stubborn..." Lui rolled his eyes and continued to lift the blond. He finally arrived at his destination and opened the door. Then, once he entered the unlit room, the frozen ogre placed him on his bed. Free sighed with relief as silence and darkness soothed his headache. A hand was held under his nose, with a pill in the centre of its palm.

" Don't act surprised ", scolded Lui, " Take this and then sleep! "

Free blinked twice, then smiled before taking the proposed pill and swallowing it. Then he lay down on his bed. But he didn't expect the frozen ogre to lie next to him and wrap his arm around his waist.

" Come on, for once, you're asked to sleep. It should be a dream offer for you normally! " mocked Lui.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Free ", a voice whispered, " Feeling better? "

The lone wolf opened his eyes and saw his little brother looking at him with a bottle of water and an apple in his hands. He stood up and sat down.

" Where is Lui? "

" He left when I arrived at the door ", explained the dragon tamer, " He told me where the pills were in case there was a problem."

Free nodded. The two remained silent for a few minutes, then Dante broke the silence.

" Can I hug you, please?"

The blond laughed and opened his arms, inviting the young boy to jump on the bed and cuddle the tallest Blader.

Thanks Yago_Shirasagi for this idea !