Goodbye Father

—————————————————————————

'Truly, T'was a cluster fuck.'

Icarus summed up the whole meeting with Athena in one sentence.

Icarus recalled every sentence that was uttered by him and nearly died out of cringe.

'Was that really me?!'

No, this was a matter worth concerning. He's not cautious or paranoid, damnit!

Icarus rubbed his head in frustration. Even now, he still didn't believe that he was the one who nearly drived a goddess in a corner and almost died for his foolishness!

What was he thinking!?

Tricking a goddess? That was a dumb thing to do! Even more so as Athena is a goddess who's full of hubris. Humiliate her and you're going to reap what you sow.

Fuuuuck!!

Icarus wants to beat something to vent his anger, self-loathing and frustration.

To hear the satisfying feeling of smacking something to a bloody pulp.

Icarus blew a sigh and ruffled his hair.

Icarus chanced a glance at his father and saw him still having that frown on his face.

It's been like this since their meeting with Athena and Icarus knows what his father is angry about.

The silence between them was overbearing.

Icarus cleared his throat awkwardly.

Seeing Daedalus still not responding to him or looking his way, Icarus sighed heavily.

"Father, Athena gave me a quest. A quest is for Heroes and I'm no hero. Quests are dangerous, father. I think you can attest to that."

Daedalus frown tightens.

Icarus continued. "I requested a boom from Athena. To give me at least the power to protect myself."

Icarus was about to explain more but Daedalus got up from the log he was sitting on. His face was confronted in rage.

"Boon?! Boon?! Icarus I've told you, everything that the Gods touch turns Into a curse! That's not a boon, Icarus! A gift is as much as a curse from the Gods! I thought you'd be better than this, Icarus." Daedalus went into a frenzy. Spittle flying out of his mouth and angry veins popping on his face. At the end of his speech, his tone turned disappointed.

Icarus is a normal person like any other human, except for the fact that he's reincarnated. But nonetheless Icarus is still a normal human, so to hear that his father is disappointed in him hurts. The disappointment cuts his soul and left him to bleed out. It hurt, it hurt so much that Icarus didn't know what to say to Daedalus.

Because everything he'll say will be turned against him and it's not like his father will listen to him.

His father looked at him at the corner of his eyes and said, "Sleep, we'll travel to Thebes in the morrow. I'll take a ship to Crete and you...." Daedalus left that hanging.

He extinguished the campfire they built and went to his tent.

Icarus was left alone in the darkness.

Two teardrops escaping his eyes.

Icarus chuckled when he saw his tears.

"Oh, it's raining. What a strange day."

"Strange day, indeed...."