Walking out like An Endgame Boss

Patreon.com/Godfire998

+2chapters ahead on Patreon.
——————————————————————————

Have you ever played with your younger siblings or cousins? Have you ever played Wrestling with them? See how hilarious is it? How they are trying to one up you but they're so weak that they just tickle you?

Yhea, that's how Icarus felt when this dimwitted nincompoops came to 'Arrest' him.

He was so speechless by the idiocy of this guys. Truthful, he just allowed them to arrest him so they can lead him to his father. Athens is big after all, if he goes by himself to search for him. It'll take a while to find him, so he thought 'Why not take advantage of this situation he found himself?'

According to the Original Myths, The King will just exile Daedalus. Nothing serious, that's why he didn't go ape shit on the get go when he heard that his father was arrested.

Sigh~

It seems Fate is adamant to change it's course. 'Will I die?' He thought.

It's a legit thought. Since Fate didn't change even an ounce, then it goes without saying that he will die flying close to the sun and get his wings melted. Curiously enough, that didn't trigger any terror or a desire to defy Fate. Only cold acceptance.

Everything dies at some point, even the Gods die!

Everything goes back to it's origin. To it's roots. 'Will I go back to modern Earth too?'

An interesting thought. It needs time to ponder it, to unravel it's and the universes secrets.

As Icarus and the soldiers walked. They paraded him like some sort of a priceless treasure. It's like they get pleasure to see someone encounter a bad Fate. Not that it isn't suprising. Greek itself is fucked up. I mean a guy got fucked by Circe then gone to buy milk, When the child of Circe grown up and decided to go and find his dad. He killed him on an incident and..... decided that fuck it, imma fuck my step-mom.

.... Yea... it's that fucked up. So, seeing people doing this wasn't exactly a surprise. He knows they can do a lot more worse than this. I mean a lady got fucked by a bull for Christ sake!

Nonetheless, as they were busy walking Icarus mind wandered.

Since Divine Words are like ordering the world and getting a response in return.... isn't it similar to those dovahkiins?  Bending reality by saying words only. And... curiously enough, they use a language not known to mortals—Except for a selective few—

An a Interesting thought that needs further research. Won't be interesting if few years later, he just comes and defeats everyone by shouting 'Fah' ??

——————————————————————————

Few minutes later, Icarus found his father on his knees surrounded by pedestrians. A few soldiers and Mages were there too.  On the front was a few nobles that Icarus had a displeasure of knowing. But...the king wasn't there, Icarus frowned a bit.

He walked to his father whose countenance was dark, his eyes were glassy and lifeless.

He sighed~

"Father." Icarus nudged him on his shoulder blades. Daedalus turned to look at him, when he saw that it was his son. His mood improved, he was no longer a lifeless husk that he was.

"Icarus? What are doing here?" Daedalus inquired, whispering.

Icarus raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean old man? Of course I'm here to get you." Icarus was puzzled when he answered that.

Daedalus just sighed, resigning to his own fate.

Seeing his father like this brought unpleasant feelings to surface. Icarus smiled bitterly.

Before they can argue more, one of the nobles came forward and spoke.

"Greetings, Daedalus. I'm here on the Kings stead, and thus I shall judge you instead of the King." The... Stuck up noble said.

Icarus frowned. 'Judge us?' Killing isn't really a crime in this era so, what does he mean he's going to judge us?

The noble seem like he heard him as he said. "The King would've exiled you but because he me asked to do so in his stead, I won't exile you." The noble grinned with a sadistic glee.

The noble continued. "You've done great things, Daedalus. But unfortunately, the Fates will have to cut your string here."  Then without a pause he gestured the soldiers to kill Daedalus.

Icarus lips twisted in a frown. What does the noble get to kill his father? Icarus racked his brain for a reason until he found one.

Daedalus and Him are Nobles too. Even more than that, they're a direct line to the king's throne. So, when the king and the king's son die Daedalus or him would've a chance to be Athens king. Now that Icarus think of it, they're Prince's. So, killing them or exiling them must be a crime right?

Unfortunately, this is the Greek myth. Everyone and their dogs can do anything they like, bar offending the Gods.

Icarus also stepped foward to protect his father.

The noble seeing this frowned. "Boy, get out of the way if you want to live."

Icarus ignored him. He was thinking of possible scenarios that will help them get out of here.

Seeing this soldiers throw themselves at them with reckless abandon, Icarus tapped his father on his shoulder blades. Then...an a invisible, white bubble compassed them.

Icarus smiled smugly at them, seeing as they can't get through his shields. A single tap with his feet on the ground made the surrounding air to compress and burst like someone just dropped an a Atomic bomb.

The Air cracked and compressed, then...

*Booom*

A loud explosion resounded in the area. Icarus snorted, 'Sending ordinary people to kill us? If that isn't arrogance then I don't know what it is.'

Dust and those people around them scattered like headless chickens. Icarus didn't even waste a second a radiance broke under the nobles and soldiers, While still shocked about the explosion blue chains broke through the earth and bounded them.

"Thank you for the warm welcome. But we'll have to be on our way." With that sardonic remark, Icarus dragged his father to their house. Preparing to pack and leave.

Sigh~

It's sad leaving the place you called home for decades but....

'Well, no use crying over spilled milk. I've been dying to see the outside world after all.'

Icarus forgot about the confrontation seconds later. Now he's excited about all the exotic things that the Greek world have! Thinking of Interesting things to be reseached about. Icarus can't wait to out them onto the table and see what made them tick.

Especially the 'Heroes'. Ah, yes can't forget about the Demi-gods as well. 'Interesting people with a poor mindset, I mean who wants to be a hero? Not me that's for sure. Who wants to be the slave of the world for centuries to come?'

Heroes. Heh.

Icarus subconsciously look down upon all that carry the tittle of 'Hero'

Such a dumb thing to be. A hero? Really? Running yourself ragged to save people? Being their banner boy?

*Snort.*

How ridiculous.