Reborn and Got Introduced To Magic

[Αθήνα]

Icarus woke up gasping breath like he is drowning in an ocean, never seeing the sun. His body aching in a luna arc, fingers clenched in a fist. His body Twiching, Shaking like he has no control of his own body.

His eyes snapped open, glowing. The colour of his eyes raging From Dark sea green To a healthy shade of Earthly Green To Black devouring Darkness, Then they settled to brilliant/Azure Blue.

Then his body seems to calm down, any previous action fading away like an illusion.

He woke up being different than yesterday. He woke being another whole person completely, literally.

He woke up With different set of memories. Well not really, Icarus dreamt of his previous life. Unlike the typical troop of a whole set of memories suddently get shoved in your head.

He's very sure that gotta be unpleasant.

But that raised a question, is he The human Ethen with Icarus Memories or is he Icarus with Artemis memories? Well either way he is sure that he is neither Icarus or Ethen.

After all souls aren't missing puzzle pieces that you can just... merge, click, them together even though they are of the same type. Anyone who says otherwise needs a fucking slap to the face.

Icarus dreamt of his 'Previous' life at the age of three. He never understood those dreams, he almost thought that Hypnos was messing with him. But he discard that idea immediately, afterall he is no one special, and he doesn't have the arrogance to think a god is going out of its way to play tricks on him. And he almost thought it is a dream, but sometimes—no more like always— the dreamer has to wake up and face reality, unfortunately —or not depending on the viewer— He didn't wake up, thus that suggested that the dream is actually a reality.

                                       —×—

Sometimes along the way , he came to accept his new life, not that he has any choice, it is either accept it or die. It is quite unfortunate that he has no death wish —well that's a lie , he has one—

                                     —×—

[Daedalus: Pov]

Daedalus knew his son, not too much maybe, and certainly not as good as an average parent, but he knew him. As such he knew something has changed when his son has developed this otherworldly aura around himself, He knew something was wrong when his son had this dazed look in his eyes like he's not actually there. His eyes were glassy as if he was in some sort of trance. They were unfocused on the world. Unseeing. His eyes were Cloudy, Darkened.

And then he got a shock of his life —Not really , but you get what I'm saying— It was an ordinary day for the master craftsman, an ancomplished Inventor, he was already at the door of his workshop when his son arrived. At first he didn't overthink about that strange action, then his son just...stood there looking at him yet not at same time. With a bland, emotionless, voice devoid of any emotions he had said.

"Oh, you're this boy's father."

He paused for a second. He tilted his head in confusion, "You said anything, Icarus?"

"Icarus?" Ethen, now called Icarus tilted his head too. From an outside perspective, their weird posture would look like a reflection of a mirror. But one look older with a huge brown beard, while the other was a seven year old human child. "What a weird world we live in." his son seem to finished his thought process before letting out an amused smile.

Daedalus, Icarus father in this new bizarre world was now worried for his son. "Icarus? Are you alright?"

"Alright?" His son let out an air out of his nose, which can be considered as a snort. Icarus brought up his hand and clenched it, he looked at it as a blue will-o'-the-wisp type of thing appeared around his fist. 'What is he doing?' He thought. As Icarus looked around his body to see flashes of blue motes dance around him like a bee to honey.

Icarus raised his head as unknownly to him, his eyes flashed at that exact moment. "I'm more than alright, Father."

He looked at his son with a worried expression as if he had gone mental.
"If you say so. Anyway come, I think your training is long due." With that he turned around walking back to the front yard.

He left Icarus in a daze before he heard his footsteps rushing after him rushing. "Training? What do you mean, father?"

He didn't pause his steps even when he knows Icarus can't keep up with his gait.
"Magical training, Icarus. Do you think I'll do something as barbaric as martial training?"

He can see the confused expression on his son's face. He shooked his head, slowing down a little for Icarus to catch up.
——————————————————————————
[Icarus]

Now, he's just confused. Earlier he had deduced that he had reincarnated into Greek mythology, the name 'Icarus' was famous enough for a person like him to recognize it. But of course, it may be that some nutjob named him after the original Icarus. But he doubted it as where he stand he can see almost the whole city around him and the clothes, architecture of the buildings suggested that he really reincarnated in Greek mythology.

He doesn't know if he's accurate but Greek mythology never had humans practicing or using the life line called Magic.

Nonetheless, it all boiled down to 'I don't have enough clues yet'. All he can say to his father after that is—

"Oh..."
——————————————————————————
[Few days later]

"συμπιεσμένος άν—"  Icarus tried to do the magic thingy that his father taught him but.. he developed another blister. It's like trying to out rap Eminem on a fast flow in that Godzilla song of his, it's impossible thing to do.

It doesn't help that his tongue isn't used to speak this fast. Sigh~

"Again."

A seemly emotionless voice said again on his left side.

"Can't I take a 10 minute break? If we go further I'll accidentally rip my own ongue out."

His father sat on a dazzling chair that is covered in gold and diamonds as he looked at him sternly.

"Again." His father didn't say anything after that.

Huu~

He got ready to try again. In his heart, he cursed the person who invented Divine Words.
——————————————————————————