Problems Catching up

A/N: Follow me on IG Username: captain_mel_998

——————————————————————————

Time flies. By the time Icarus and his father vacated Athens, it was a week later. They didn't get chased or anything, they just left calmly. Like they own the city, which... technically they do.

Nonetheless, it was just a calm affair.

Right now. Icarus and his father, Daedalus were trudging through a forest.

Unlike the modern forests that Icarus had seen, this one is so... Majestic. It's like he's reborn in those fantasy novels he often reads in Webnovel, which is ironic because.... he's reborn into one isn't he?

The forest swayed like it had life if its own, golden motes floating around. Dragonflies buzzing around as a gentle breeze rocked them about, sounds of a rolling river in the background had the effects like you're working in the summer sun after drinking a glass of cold water. It's so..mesmerising and enchanting.

Icarus hummed as he bounced on his feet, bobbing his head to a beat unheard by all except him. Icarus grazed the leaves of the trees, feeling happy for once in his life. The trees swayed with him, following him in his unheard beat.

"Such a beautiful place!" Icarus exclaimed with unrestrained excitement. He opened his arms wide like he's embracing the world, taking it all in. He took a deep breath before turning to his father, still happy.

"Isn't it so, father?!" Icarus shouted and bounced in place like he's a ADHD kid or a child on sugar high.

His father, Daedalus, just smiled warmly at him. "Yes, it's such a majestic sight."

Icarus, who was about to respond, saw a silhouette passing quickly in his peripheral, he turned just as fast. "Hey, isn't that an.... Phantasmal?!" Icarus gushed. A Unicorn with white mane and golden tribal tattoos like they're runes dancing upon its body trotted around. The long horn on it's forehead was like a crystal, gold, clear and sparkling. It is a beautiful creature, pure without any taint. It's hooves were gold too. The beast paused for a second, hearing Icarus suddenly shout but it quickly got on with its journey.

Icarus was feeling free. It's been decades since he has been reborn and he hasn't left Athens since then. So this sight is new to him, unlike Daedalus who is familiar with this sight before them.

'This..this is what I want.' Icarus thought. Icarus died when he was old, he had done many things that he wanted to do. He enjoyed many cuisines in his past life, he had married, had lovely kids, wrote like his life dependend on it, he was filthy rich and he travelled the world with his wife. Icarus had done all he wanted to do and done more! He fulfilled his desires, goals and dreams. Now, in this world of mystery, magic and Gods, Icarus didn't feel anything other than a hollow hole in his chest.

He was confused, what's the meaning of his reincarnation if he didn't have any regrets upon his death? He didn't have any desires, he's just...him. He's a hollow soul in a foreign land, a true foreigner in a foreign land.

As for those who said 'When in Rome, do what Romans do.' they're really mental. What should he do, be a hero? Yhea, right. Like he's going to do that.

Icarus wants this, the feeling of discovering new things, the feeling of researching and his reseach succeeding.

Perhaps he should do things that he never did in his last life, like Uhm.... teaching for an example!

Icarus looked at the tall trees shadowing the ground like it's night and grinned like a loon.

As someone from the era of information, Icarus has a lot of things to teach his students if he had one. Teach them a little of common sense and logic since this world's inhabitants don't seem to have them, I mean who would trade his daughter for a horse?!