17

LISA'S POV

I woke up feeling Jennie's hold tight on my waist. Again, this is just one of the days she would hurt me at night and heal me by the morrow. I let myself lost for some minutes more in her warmth before I tiredly removed my body from her.

She looks peaceful without me in the picture.

I smiled bitterly, what a good morning.

I prepared our breakfast and I am proud to realize I've learned to cook a lot in the past five months I am usually alone in the house. Often, loneliness would still pierce but some days I appreciate it.

Maybe learning to live with it and through it.

I was silently scrolling through my phone for my schedule when I heard groaning from the room. So I quickly placed the cup of coffee I was relishing back on the table and went up stairs.

My wife is shivering.

Her peaceful look an hour ago was replace by agony. She looks so weak muttering my name, half-awake searching for me beside her.

I did not waste any second and sat beside her.

I held Jennie's cold hand and placed my palm to feel her neck.

"L-Lisa, honey."

"Sssh, baby I'm here. Let me bring you some soup and medicine."

I held her hand and kissed it assuring her I would not go.

"Come back fast, p-please"

Her tone was soft barely making a sound.

I rushed towards the kitchen to cook and also picked a basin and a towel to freshen her warm body. My poor wife, she must have been so tired from work. It really takes a toll especially if you are working on a medical field and had to sometimes be on duty for 72 hours straight.

As soon as I reached the bed, she tried to sit and embrace me.

Jennie has always been like this whenever she's sick, it's like her doctor soul vanishes from her sanity and she's merely a human wanting to be cared. This is one of the things I admire about my wife, she's not scared to be fragile.

"One more honey, then you can drink your medicine and rest."

She forcefully opened her mouth and ate the last spoon.

I gave her a glass of water and the medicine before I laid her carefully in bed. When I was about to disentangle after I satisfyingly assured she was fine and well-taken care of, she held my hand with all the remaining force she has.

"What is it Jen? Do you need anything?"

Instead of answering, she replied with another question more like a plead.

"Won't you stay, Lisa? For me?"

She kissed my hand and placed it on her cheeks as if brushing it would make me.

"Need you even to ask?"

I laid with her head on my chest resting, her eyes were gloomy but had a tad of sparks in it.

I guess I wouldn't be going to the company today, nothing is more contenting than having your heart warm on a rainy day.

"Lisaaaa, my head hurts."

Jennie complained as she placed my hand on top of her head. I laughed and willingly gave it pressure and strokes.

"You're such a baby, Nini."

She punched my abdomen lightly before pinching a skin.

"Awww! You're so mean, you don't love me anymore."

I blabbered and then silence befell.

Did I hit a spot?

I did not bother pressing the matter and just continued being her aid until I hear her breathing was in similar pattern and soon approached depth.

I kissed her head before I saw her phone at the side silently vibrating. Someone is calling and I don't have the heart to wake her up.

Should I answer or should I let it be?

It was only a number, without a name. But the number seemed familiar to me I think I've seen it somewhere or do I also have It as a contact?

So I decided to just leave a message to that person.

Surprisingly, there was nothing on their inbox when I opened.

This is Lisa, my wife is currently sick. Please try calling another time. Thank you.

Sent 8:35 AM.

Strange, who would call her this early when I already notified Jisoo she wouldn't be at work today?

And if it was one of her closest relative, why is there a scarcity of name?

I stared at the ceiling and bore scenarios I don't wanna imagine but I keep on seeing. Should this be the time I begin prying on my wife's private life? Should I have her followed one of these days?

Do I wanna know?

I am afraid.

.

.

.

.

.

The next morning, Jennie insisted to work and I couldn't stop her. I was worried she wasn't still recovered from fatigue but she persistently arose from the bed and fixed herself in her doctor's attire.

I was in a light mood today after she left me a simple peck on the cheeks. It made me so happy I can't stop smiling which was wonderingly noted by my secretary.

"You're in a good mood today, boss."

Dahyun mentioned.

"My wife loves me."

I smiled and even skipped towards my office.

As I sat I opened my phone and my smile grew even wider.

She texted me! Jennie texted me, oh my.

'Come eat lunch with me later, or are you busy?'

Sent 9:25 AM

'Who said I am busy? Where do you wanna eat honey?'

I immediately replied which earned a response after two minutes.

'Italian please.'

After receiving the request, I asked dahyun to book us to an Italian restaurant not far from the city since we both have to go back to work.

'Sure baby, I'll be there at lunch. I love you!'

And she replied with 'be safe.'

See? She wants me to be safe! My wife is so sweet, I wonder what made her do this today.

Whatever it is, I am grateful. She choose to spend time with me.

She choose me.