4

"Ms. Manoban, here are the files you need to sign before noon. And later at exactly 3, you have a meeting with the heiress of the Kang Industry."

Dahyun informed as I could only respond with a nod.

"Are you alright, Lis?"

If she called me Lis, she's not acting as a secretary anymore but has switched to another more friendly role.

"I am trying, Dahyun."

She patted my shoulder and consoled me.

"Everything will be alright, Lisa. They all happen for a reason."

I wish there was an enough reason why must my child die, but knowing nothing could ever suffice, I remained silent.

My secretary was about to exit from the office when an embarrassing sound was produced by my empty stomach.

I lowered my head to hide the shame, but Dahyun came close and conversed.

"I'll bring you something for a breakfast."

"No, it's really fine, I can mana-"

"No, Lisa. You heard me."

Before I can even more protest, she walked out of the room in a worried manner.

Great, I burdened another person again.

.

.

.

.

.

Before I proceed to the meeting with Seulgi, I grabbed my phone inside the pocket of my suit.

But to no avail, there was no usual 'I love you or I miss you' from my clingy wife.

I miss my Jennie, who randomly threatens me through a text if I am already seeing someone else when I was only truly busy at work.

I miss her annoying but adorable childish nature when I had a lot of things to finished but she wanted to see me and eat lunch with her at the hospital.

I miss my genius doctor yet so ignorant wife who will keep her mouth open to tell me every new scientific facts she encountered but couldn't even wash nor iron her own clothes.

To my sweet honey:

"I miss you baby, dinner later. I love you."

Sent: 2:45 P.M.

I texted to Jennie.

Next, I texted for a flower delivery as this has already been my errand daily.

Note: Put a purple hyacinth at the center.

After all that, Dahyun dragged my feet towards the conference room.

It was almost 7 when the meeting was adjourned. Actually, it ended one hour early but Seulgi, one of my best friend talked to me.

She knew what happened and apologized she wasn't able to attend the funeral and be with me when I needed my friends most.

She said Irene was in her labour, and she of course wanted to hold her son first when Irene conceived.

And being a former parent, I understand.

The first touch was the most unforgettable, first cry and smile.

I was there when Ellie did all those, and was still at his side when he did all his lasts.

.

.

.

.

.

I guess I have already expected, Jennie did not eat anything I prepared.

The house was still the same as when I left, only all the food I cooked went directly at the trash.

Do I feel hurt?

Who wouldn't? But it's my wife we're talking.

So without a text to confirm if she'll be home like she used to at 8, I tried to cook following something I read on the internet.

Maybe she did not like how the food looked so she threw it away, anyway doesn't seem edible now that I stare at it.

For the dinner, I prepared a simple fried chicken and a side vegetable dish for us to supper.

Both I prepared don't come close to how amazing Jennie's skills creates, but somehow I guess it would pass for a beginner.

8 pm, I waited.

9 pm, she should have been here by now but maybe her shift was extended.

10 pm, not a single sign so I texted.

To my sweet honey:

"Hon, the dinner is getting cold. Where are you? want me to drive you home?"

Sent: 10:25 P.M.

12 pm, no replies, no signs.

I begin to eat a little of what I cooked unwillingly just to fill something to my stomach and washed myself before I plopped tiredly in bed.

How long do I have to endure, Ellie?

I stared at the ceiling as I bring my palm close to my aching chest.

Help, Dada baby.

Before I doze to sleep,

I called Jisoo unnie.

"Has my wife eaten her dinner, unnie?"

"Yes, Lisa. She was with the crew, earlier. They ate outside. Why?"

"Nothing unnie, keep her safe there for me."

"Don't worry, I will. Take a rest, Lis."

"Thanks, Chu."