6

"I'll fetch you later, hon. What time will your shift end?"

I asked my wife whose face is printed with irritation.

"Why are you so stubborn, Lalisa? I told you I don't wanna be near you."

Jennie replied as she fixed the lining of her lipstick.

"Then tell me why, Jen. Although, it wouldn't change a thing in my end."

She remained silent for a split second, contemplating what to say but ended with nothing.

"See? You have no enough reason. You can't stop me hon."

"Isn't the reason that you killed my son, more than enough? Don't you feel shame at all?"

Hearing how acidic her words are, burned me to the core.

Of course, I'm the one at fault.

"Y-you know, I never wanted anything like that to happen, Jen. If I can turn back the time, I wouldn't have wished to grant our son's request to visit that damn Iceland."

"But you chose to, and you let him die, Lisa. Now, I couldn't look you at the face and be not disgusted."

With that as her final retort, she closed the car's door with all her strength and left me dying on the inside.

Everyday passing, I just can't help but wish I was one of the people in that plane crash who met their demise. I wish if my son wouldn't still live in exchange of my life, might as well better if I have died with him.

Because what's the difference when my wife kills me in the slowest of pace but the most excruciating in her own ways?

I can only shake my head and sigh, I'm never giving up without a fight.

Breathing out every weight, I smiled away the pain.

My wife doesn't mean all of it.

Jennie, the one I remember, is the most selfless, kindest, and loving human I encountered.

My wife is just deeply hurt, probably more than I am.

But does she know the actual depth I am in?

I can only hope, one day she will.

Since I have taken a vacation for a while, I have also planned a trip with Jennie, 1 week before my 1 month rest ends. I haven't spoken to her about it yet, but I know she wouldn't agree so I have to asked some help from Jisoo unnie.

After composing myself, I left the car and entered the hospital particularly to the director's office.

I didn't knock but opened the wooden door silently making my presence unnoticed by the woman seriously reading papers on her table.

As crack head as I am, I slammed both my hands letting a loud sound of bang from the table.

"Bitch!"

Jisoo unnie shouted and thrown sharp daggers through her stares when I only laughed in return.

"You scared me, Lisa-yah!"

"You're really like my wife, unnie."

I quoted which earned an eye roll from the older Kim.

"What brings you here to my office? Is there anything wrong?"

She worriedly ask.

I bowed my head and decided to tell the truth.

"Actually everything feels wrong, unnie. Your sister rarely talks to me. And when she does, she can merely communicate to me without scorn."

"Haaaaah! Jennie is so hardheaded! I've spoken to her many times that you're not at fault."

Jisoo left her desk and sat with me on the  couch to give her full ears.

"So would you give my sister up?"

"No, of course not!"

"Then, good. I am just here if you need help."

I smiled hearing the accurate cue.

"That's what I'm here for, unnie. I need help. I planned a week vacation with Jennie, before this month ends. And knowing she wouldn't agree... Could you perhaps use your power as her sister and hospital owner?"

Yes, the hospital my wife is working at is owned by their own family. She didn't want to run the institution herself, but desired to practice her desired profession—cardiology.

"Is there any harder requests than that? So easy, Lalisa."

Jisoo teased.

"Can you tame my wife? Like now, I really miss her."

The older Kim's smile fell and was changed to pity.

"If I can only do that so both of you will be the old cringe couple again, I will."

"Cringe? Tsk. We just look the best."

"Not you with Jennie, but you with the sofa."

Jisoo bursted into tears out of laughter as she recall the time when she went to our house and found me sleeping alone in the living room, exactly at the couch.

The reason?

Well a business partner, sealed our deal by suddenly kissing me at my lips.

Poor woman, she did not know Jennie was with me and when the latter entered the room she saw the scene.

Long story short, that day numerous hair strands died at the conference room.

And I lived, but only at the sofa.

"I'll leave now unnie, I'm going to buy lunch for me and Jennie."

"Is that so? Then, I must continue my work and call my Pasta. Don't worry about your request, I'll leave it accomplished."

"Thanks a lot unnie, send my regards to Chaeng."

We exchanged smiles after, and went back to our personal errands.