15

LISA'S POV

It has been three months since my wife and I went to Thailand. At the time we came back, she was not acting as despicable as before. We began sharing breakfast again and talk even for a brief moment. She may not be as cold, but she wasn't as warm as she used to.

You see, we rarely catch each other awake at night. Mostly, I would have fallen on a deep slumber before I hear her silently entering our bedroom. Usually and oddly, she would come past midnight with very exhausted appearance wearing set of clothes different from what she wore in the morning.

What is further disturbing me is that I haven't seen those pair of clothes, sometimes the size would be double her figure.

And when she lay beside me thinking I was completely dozed, her body emits a smell that is far beyond my memory of her perfume. How can I mistake her scent replicating a freshly plucked rose to an intoxicating one that sends ones system to unwant?

When I attempt to ask where she was the whole night, her mouth would snick and solidly answer 'work'.

But every doubts I have, Jennie would singlehandedly crumble by a few times her eyes would look at me apologetically and bless me a random kiss.

She have this bewitching power of making me believe and forget. I don't know if I must hate it or be grateful for not giving myself to concern.

Today, I am picking her from work as I requested Jisoo for an early out, she doesn't know.

As I went inside a familiar white-filled hall, I saw a man at the side being pumped to be revived to life with a few medical staff and nurses around his stretcher. His family and I bet, the closest at his side desperately crying was his wife.

At his feet was his two children, a girl and a boy, still on their youth at the brink of thought of the future without their father.

Soon the emergency room opened, the man was immediately brought inside.

And I wonder who would be losing more of their loved ones just this night?

I made my way on the elevator alone before a certain woman joined me. I led my head down and massaged my nape.

"You look stress, Ms."

I was taken a back when I looked and she appeared so close to me.

"I suppose."

I shortly answered.

To my surprise she clinged to my arm and whispered in my ears.

"Name is Somi, I was hired as the new cardiologist. If you have problems with your heart, don't hesitate to come to me."

I was even more stunned when she lick my earlobe and slid a card to my hand before walking out the elevator.

What the fuck?

I stared at the card I was holding and when a trash bin was close to sight i undoubtedly thrown it. I am married and I intend my love to solely be given towards my wife.

I knocked for a few times before I decided to turn the knob.

"Jen?"

"Good evening Ms. Manoban, if you're looking for Ms. Jennie she took an early out."

One of the interns spoke.

There were five people in the room, two cardiologists and three were interns. They were silently feasting on the table while I saw my wife's desk empty.

"What time did she exactly leave?"

I asked.

"I think late 5, Lisa."

Solar answered as she munched on the food fed by Moonbyul.

I know them since they were introduced to me by Jennie.

"Have you eaten? Come join us, Lis."

Moonbyul invited which I solemnly turned down.

"Thank you, but I still have errands to run. Enjoy the night and keep saving patients lives!"

I left them a half smile and softly closed the door.

Where is Jennie? She could have texted me at least so I can drive her if she has to go somewhere.

As soon as I entered the car, I grabbed my phone and composed a message.

'Where are you hon? I would wait for you at home. Please at least notify me where you are so I could be sure you're safe.

I love you, always.'

Sent 9:10 PM

Worries flooded my heart making a hazy daze until I hear the honking of cars behind. The lonely lights must have turned green for a good amount of second, I barely noticed it.

Every five minutes until I was home I was waiting for my phone to lit, but helplessly I have eaten dinner alone and tucked myself to bed.

Jennie remained unreached.

'Please be safe, your wife is waiting for you.'

Sent 12:30 PM

I felt a stinging liquid by the corner of my eyes trying to escape from my bottled emotion. I sobbed as I grip my aching chest. Five months, since Ellie was gone and Jennie apart. I never imagined our once smiling faces become a nightmare of my own.

At the bedside table, I saw our family frame. The three of us on our matching Christmas hats, both Ellie and I were kissing Jennie's cheeks and the latter blissfully staring at the lens.

As if it was all she would wish to have, and without that wish then everything is a waste.

I held the frame for a while before I senselessly turned the picture down to rather face the table.

Soon my eyes were closing attempting to protect me from what hurts, by the dimming of the night I felt another body slowly descending next to me.

Leaning and planting a kiss on my forehead.

Whispering 'I'm sorry.'