9

"Make me some nice niece and nephew, alright Lis?"

Jisoo teased while she observe my hand gripping my wife and I's luggages out from the compartment of her car.

She volunteered to give us a ride even neither of us were asking her to do so. And now, I think I have an idea why she would want to.

This rabbit just wants to tease me.

I gave her shoulder a little punch to knock the joke out. This isn't a good time for that. Jennie wouldn't appreciate us talking about these things.

It would seem like I'm taking our child's death lightly when I am not.

"Cut that kind of joke, Chu."

Her annoying smile turned apologetic as she raised her two fingers to form 'peace'.

This child. Aish.

I hurriedly went to the side of my wife who was busy clinging on her phone. Maybe, she's still contacting and informing some of the family members of patients she's incharge with.

She's really hands on in her job.

This was also the Jennie I admire most in our senior years. She's the top of the class, always excelling in the academics. I'm not bad myself either, but only not as good as her.

I guess, Ellie's love of Science came from this goddess beside me.

"Jennie-yah, Lisa, I'll bid you goodbye for now. Please enjoy the trip, and Jennie leave the work behind. I would not let anything implausible happen in your department. Okay? Just focus on rekindling the fire with your wife."

Then she winked.

Jennie only gave her sister deadly stares and brought her emotionless expression again.

My wife is so pretty in everything she does. Aish. I hope I can at least hold her hand but knowing the way she is right now, she won't let me.

So I brought my freely swaying hand inside my pocket and breathed through the air.

This is tough.

"Lis! Lis! Lisa!"

I woke up from a trance when Jisoo shouted.

"Still smitten by my sister's beauty? That's good. Stay as my in-law, alright?"

She leaned close and whispered.

"Be strong, Lis. Jennie will find her way back to love."

Jisoo tapped my shoulder as I smile to her figure walking away that soon cannot be found.

Right.

Jennie will find our love.

We walked silently side by side, without making any contact. Mainly because, she's maintaining the gap that I was always trying to fill.

Before we sat on board, I took the varsity jacket I was wearing off and gently placed it on her frame.

She wasn't asking, but I did. My wife easily acquires cold, yet she remains stubborn of her motto 'aesthetic before comfort.'

Explains why she wears Chanel beneath her medical suit on a surgery.

"I didn't ask for your jacket, you can wear it."

I motioned my head to disagree and tap my palm on her head before I stroked her hair freely.

"Tch."

My lovely kitten mumbled as she close her eyes and get lost in her own world with her headphones.

At least, she didn't swat my hand away on her head right?

Right!?!

My wife is progressing!

To turtle rabbit kim:

She let my hand stroke her hair, Chu!

Sent: 1:20 P.M.

The wide smile plastered on my lips didn't last long as the plane begins to take off.

Flashes of memories made its way on my head consisting of happiness painted on both of my son and I's face.

The tremors.

The buzzing sound of the plane as it breaks to pieces.

My body rolling apart from Ellie.

His young frail frame in a pool of red.

And before I know, I was gasping for air, pale, profusely perspiring. Although I do not desire to put my wife in infuriation, my hand desperately hold on to her arms.

"J-Jen."