10 - reunión?

Meeting Camilo was definitely not part of my to do list for today. Or for the rest of my life in fact. In my head, he was the reason I was even banished to that prison they called a refinery school. 

I stared at the curly haired boy before turning my back to him, pretending to be checking the stocks of wine behind me. Regrettably, I heard footsteps creak against the wooden floorboards. 

"Oje, When did you arrive?" he asked so casually as if we never had a rivalry. Or he didn't do anything wrong. 

I continued to ignore him. 

I heard him chuckle, "You ignoring me, amiga?"

This struck me the wrong way, I swiftly turned to him, "I'm not your 'amiga', chameleon freak, Don't act so casually with me. It may have two years but I haven't changed one bit, I promise you." I threatened leaning forward in the counter, catching Camilo off guard.

But instead of acting scared like he used to, Camilo only grinned as he stared at me right in the eye, as if he to say he was no longer afraid of me. I gritted my teeth before huffing away. 

"See you soon, amiga!" Camilo called out before leaving the winery. I glared at the door, wishing that the fireflies just gave me laser eyes instead. 

"Was that Camilo?" Diago asked as he walked out of the stock room, "Man he grew up a lot."

I rolled my eyes as I stomped up the stairs, "He's still the same old jerk."

Diago scoffed, "Takes one to know one."

I cursed at him before retreating to my room. I didn't exactly know why I was so angry at the fact Camilo was being so bold. It should be normal, right?

No, it's not. It's not. 

I grabbed my pillow and screamed. 

The winery in the following week has been crazy, it makes sense since Antonio's gift ceremony was tomorrow. So the entire town was preparing for it. 

And it's at these times where the winery is booming.

I don't exactly like it since I'm usually responsible with dealing with the stocks and counting how many are there. Math isn't exactly fun, you know. 

When I finally finished recording everything in a notebook, I stood up from my seat and stretched. Tomorrow was gonna be crazy. 

"Everybody, dinner's ready, come on!" Mama called out from the kitchen. Leo and Diago popped his out from the warehouse, faces stained with ashes from the furnace. Mariposa slid down from the stairs, not failing to hit me in the back of my head as she passed by me.

"Mari!" Esperanza scolded as she rubbed my head. 

Hugo, Gelo and Gil all ran across the balcony and leaped down to the patio, earning a scolding from Tia Maria. When Papa, Tio Fabio, and Tio Sanson finally arrived from grape picking. And later on, everyone was sitting at the dinner table.

As per usual the table was loud. 

"I keep telling you to not be a bad example to Gelo and Gil," Mama scolded

Hugo rolled his eyes, "I know, Mama- OW!" 

Mama pinched his cheek, "You do not roll your eyes at your mother, Hugo Elian!"

"Yes, Mama," Hugo shrunk into his seat in defeat. Diago, sitting across him, tried his best to keep his laughter in just as I was.

Alas, he wasn't as successful as I was. 

Diago burst into laughter, catching Mama's attention. "Diago," Mama said in a warning tone and it was keep to shut Diago's mouth up. 

At this point, the three of us were on thin ice as Mama could spot the small curl at the edge of my lips, laughter struggling to remain hidden. It didn't help when all three of us made eye contact and all hell broke lose. 

At this point I had no clue what I was even laughing about but I couldn't stop even though my stomach had begun to hurt. 

I could see from the corner of my eye, Leo smiling but pretending to be equally disappointed in us. 

"Alright, that's enough," Papa said and soon enough we did, then he began to speak. "Tomorrow will be the grandest in Encanto in years and Abuela Madrigal has requested we provide the drinks for Antonio's ceremony. "

He looked at all of us, "I am expecting for all of us," his eyes then landed on me, "to help out, I do not want to see anyone slacking off tomorrow. Got it?" We all nodded. 

"And, some of us may forget, but hide your gifts well tomorrow. It will be loud and everyone will be there. Do not get carried away," He warned and all of us nodded but then Hugo raised his hand. 

"If I can't hide it, can I just blame it on Tia Pepa- OW! Mama!" Hugo rubbed the back of his head as Mama glared at him. Poor guy. well. not really. 

I chuckled.