𝟐𝟏

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒
𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

"Where you going?" Skai asked as she leaned against the doorway of her sister's room, watching her do her edges. She saw she was fully dressed and looked like she was about to go out, which she was. Mercedes was in bed all day up until now so she was curious.

"Out," Mercedes said briefly without looking at her.

"Out.." Skai trailed off, wanting for her to go on but she didn't. "Um okay. Muhfuckas wanna keep secrets and shit."

"Skai please," Mercedes turned around and sent her a glare. "Like fa real.."

Rolling her eyes, Skai crossed her arms over her chest like an upset kid while letting out an exaggerated huff. "I just came to ask if you were still coming with me."

"Where?" Mercedes sighed.

"To the pool party that girl is having on this rooftop, downtown.."

Rolling her eyes, she continued doing her hair in the mirror. "Skai you're grown as hell! Why can't you go anywhere by yourself?"

"Mercedes don't even do that!" Skai raised her voice. "I don't go to parties without any friends and I don't have any friends besides you! But if you don't wanna go with me just say that! Why you acting so bothered all of a sudden?"

Mercedes dropped her edge brush and looked at her sister who looked hurt in the face instantly making her feel bad. She wanted so badly to say "Well maybe you shouldn't go to any parties knowing you don't have any friends and can't make any" but decided against it.

"What time is it?" She asked making a smile spread on the older's face.

"Starts at 8.. you'll be back before then right?" Skai said making her nod. "Mkay.." She then turned on her heels and walked out of her room.

Mercedes sighed lowly in irritation. She really didn't want to go to this party and have to end up babysitting Skai by the end of the night. Sooner or later, she would have to tell her sister about herself. She knew she wouldn't like it but she didn't care at this point.

Mercedes looked at herself in the mirror once more, taking a double look at her edges before nodding in satisfaction. She wore something simple; an oversized T-shirt, light blue jeans with no rips, and her cream and white Dunks.

She was going to see Savonte and the jail had a pretty strict dress code. Though she wasn't wearing anything revealing, she was still a little subconscious about her outfit and how it looked on her body.

She eyed herself in the mirror once more before grabbing her purse and phone off the dresser. She drowned herself in her perfume before walking out of her room making sure to lock the door behind her.

"Can you tell me where you're going? I don't get why you've been keeping secrets from me all of sudden.." Skai watched her from the kitchen.

Mercedes stopped in her tracks, in the middle of the living room and looked at her. "First of all, I'm grown. Secondly, I wouldn't be keeping shit from you if you didn't become so judgmental all of a sudden."