𝟎𝟗

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒
𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Mercedes smirked seeing Savonte had texted her thank you. She wasn't expecting it considering the fact that he was so stubborn but he had to thank her. She helped him even though she didn't have to.

'You're welcome' Mercedes replied. She tucked her phone in her back pocket and looked around. Mercedes was currently at work.

She worked as a cashier at Saks Fifth Avenue at Lenox Square. She loved her job, she liked some of her coworkers, she liked her manager, she loved her pay, and she just liked the mall in general.

Her break was almost an hour long so usually she would walk around and sometimes do some shopping for herself.

She felt her phone buzz again and she pulled it out seeing Savonte had texted her again.

Savonte

Thanks

lol you're welcome 🫶🏾

Ugly ass emoji
We not friends

whatever, you must wanna be my friend
you keep mentioning it and shit

No.

She frowned when she noticed her messages weren't going through anymore. He had blocked her. Or his phone went off but she doubted it.

"Sassy ass.." She rolled her eyes putting her phone away once again. She didn't want to get caught with it. "He definitely likes me," She shrugged.

She put a bright smile on her face when she saw a short slim young lady walking up to her with a few things in her hand including a Chanel purse and some clothes.

"Find everything okay today?" She asked as the woman sat the stuff on the desk. Mercedes grabbed one and started to scan the items.

"Yes, can you check the price of this one first? It didn't have a tag on it for some reason," The girl held it up in the air looking at it once more to make sure she wasn't tripping.

"Of course," Mercedes grabbed it and started to examine it, she peeped a small tag that didn't exactly have the price but had something for her to scan, she scanned it.

"65," She told the girl. The girl nodded confirming that she wanted it. Mercedes also nodded tapping the register screen a few times before scanning it again.

She scanned the rest of the items and bagged them up. The girl paid for them in cash before heading out. Mercedes made sure she complimented the girl's hair before she left. She loved how the royal blue praised her complexion. Mercedes loved complimenting people or even just making them feel good in general.

"We're closing early today Mercedes," Her boss, Rita announced. Mercedes frowned turning her head to look at her manager.

"How come?"

"There was some typa threat.. I don't really know," Rita shrugged. "The whole mall closing in a few though, you can go ahead and start getting ready to leave."