𝟏𝟗

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒
𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

"Excuse me," A young lady started to walk towards Mercedes making her plaster a smile around her face despite the annoyed mood she was in.

"Yes?" Mercedes replied.

"Can you tell me how much this is?" The lady placed the shoe on the counter in front of Mercedes.

"The price tag is right he—"

"I didn't ask for the price tag, I asked for you to tell me how much it is," She interrupted her.

Mercedes shut her eyes tight for a minute before taking a deep breath, trying to be polite to this costumer. This was the 3rd time she came up to her and Mercedes was starting to feel like she was trying to annoy her on purpose.

Mercedes grabbed the shoes and scanned it. "$995," She told the girl making her jerk her head back.

"995? You sure? Y'all be taxing?"

"No.. this is Fendi so it's expected to be expensive," Mercedes said as polite as she could.

"Unt unt, lemme check the price online. I'm finna put this back," She shook her head as she grabbed the shoes and walked off.

Mercedes rolled her eyes. "You can't come to Saks Fifth and act cheap, this is the last place to do that."

"You can go on break now Mercedes," She heard making her turn around seeing her co-worker, Trish walking up to her.

"Finally.." She mumbled. She walked to the back room and grabbed her purse before heading out of the store.

Usually she would have lunch or shop around somewhere but this time she walked right out of the mall. She got into her car and as soon as she did, her sister was calling her.

"Hello?" She answered as her phone connected to her car automatically.

"You on break?" Skai asked.

"Yes, wassup?"

"Let's have lunch together I'm bored."

"Ummm.. I'm actually about to go somewhere real quick," Mercedes said as she backed out of her parking space.

"Where?" Skai asked.

"Somewhere.." Mercedes trailed off not really wanting to say where.

She didn't tell her sister that her and Savonte made up because she knew her sister would try to criticize her for it and she wasn't trying to hear it. But ever since they made up, which was 2 days ago, Savonte went ghost on Mercedes.

She had texted and called him but got no reply and eventually her messages stopped sending. She felt dumbfounded once again but wanted to at least make sure he was okay because he was ghost on all social medias too.

"Whereeeee?" Skai dragged.

"I'm finna go check on Savonte," Mercedes told her.