A Day in the Criminal Life

(PROLOGUE - 25 YEARS AGO)

Five-Year old Y/N was walking with his parents. He was feeling a little sad since he had a black eye on his face. His parents, M/N and F/N were angry. Very angry that their son was hurt. 

M/N: Don't worry, Y/N. Those boys are not going to bully you again.

F/N: Yeah. Those who choose violence to resolve their problems will result in being bad men, okay?

Y/N: (sniffs) Okay.

M/N: What were they fighting about?

Y/N looked down in shame as she revealed to have a Wonder Woman action figure in pieces.

F/N: Oh...Hey hey hey.

F/N crouched down and wiped off Y/N's tears, making him look at his parents.

M/N: What those boys were making fun of you, it's just because they're jealous.

Y/N: (sniffs) Really?

F/N: Of course, son. So what if your favorite superhero is a woman? Everyone is allowed to revere what they want to revere. And the fact that my son got beat up by a bunch of boys who think Wonder Woman is not idol worthy, makes me very very angry. You get the right to respect her until the end of time, okay?

Y/N: (sniffs) Okay, Daddy.

Y/N felt a little better as he smiled at his parents and they smiled back.

M/N: C'mon, hon. We're gonna be late for the tour.

The family soon went into a building and they found a large group of people inside. Once they were inside, they met a tour guide. 

M/N: I'm still surprised they gave you this tour for free, F/N. 

F/N: Well, that's one of the many benefits when it comes to working at LexCorp.

Tour Guide: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Lexcorp Building where you be seeing amazing technological advances that will help shape humanity's future. Here at LexCorp, we have only three policies: Home, Family, and Future. As we start the tour. I'll be asking some questions for you all to answer on your own, or if you want to say them out loud. 

The group nodded and they all headed into the Lexcorp Building.

Tour Guide: Now then, May I ask? Who is your favorite Superhero?

Tourist #1: Superman!

Tourist #2: Batman!

Tourist #3: Flash!

Tour Guide: (chuckles) Those are some good names. Anyone else? 

Y/N soon raised his hand, as M/N carried him.

Y/N: Wonder Woman!

Tour Guide: Excellent. Your favorite superheroes. Gods among men. The metahumans live around the Earth in this present era. But there will be a time when that era will end and the existence of metahumans will be no more. Don't worry, Lexcorp will be here to help you believe in heroes once more. If you look to your left, you'll be seeing scientists hard at work making remote-controlled robots that can copy their moves. You can say they're the perfect blend of tactics and firepower. 

Tourists: Ooh!

Tour Guide: Here at LexCorp, we don't rely on the use of heroes. We need to show humanity can stand up for itself once all the heroes are somewhat gone. We have prototype troop carriers that can help the United States Army carry munitions and officials with little effort.  But wait until you reach the end. We have a big surprise for you.