17.

**Quin**

Everything felt heavy.
Just like everything felt fuzzy.
Was I dead?
Is that seriously how my pathetic life came to an end?
I always thought that death would be welcoming.
But it was the polar opposite.
I didn't want to be dead.
I had to apologize to Asher.

I had to tell him how sorry I was for trying to push him away.
I knew I wanted him.
But for him to get close, scared me.
I didn't know how to respond.
So I reacted in the worst way possible.
Even though he was a jerk face.
He didn't deserve that.

Despite how heavy my body felt.
I could feel my eyes threatening to open.
I was confused.
Did I not die?
Or was this heaven?

I blinked a few times looking around to see where I was, but the confusion only grew to see I was in a hospital room.
My left shoulder, right leg and stomach were all bandaged up.
I survived whatever that hell was?
I looked around before my heart pounded against my chest.

Asher was sitting next to me, his fingers laced with mine.
His eyes were closed as if he had been asleep for some time now.
It made the tears swell in my eyes staring at the alpha who had no issue confusing me.
He made my life hell in the beginning, but here he was a year later.
At my side in the hospital room.

"Asher..?" I questioned to get the others attention whose blue eyes grew wide fast seeing me.
"You're awake!" He exclaimed and not even seconds later, his lips were on mine and I was trying to breathe as the tears slipped.
He broke the kiss but was kissing my face and neck.
"W-What happened?" I asked with a now flushed face looking at him.
Asher frowned softly at me.
"You were shot, Quin." He told me.

The words chilled me to the bone laying there.
So that's what happened..

"Let me go get the doctor and your parents, I know they want to see you." He told me heading to the door as I watched the other with knitted brows.
"Will you come back with them?" I asked him.
Asher paused before turning to me.
"As greedy as I want to be by staying in here with you while everyone tries to see you, I'll return once everyone else gets a chance to see you. You're very loved Quin, there's a crowd out there waiting to see you." He told me.

I laid there but nodded watching the other disappear out of the room.
It felt weird hearing those words.
I was very loved..
I didn't even do anything to deserve their love and affection.
But here I was.
Moving others without realizing it.

"Quin?! Oh my god, baby." Dad was at my side in seconds, taking my free hand in his with worry in his eyes.
"How are you feeling?" He asked me.
I frowned softly at the other.
"I'm sore, really sore." I answered looking at the omega who frowned deeply.

"We have an idea on who did this Quin, and they will be dealt with." Papa told me as I looked at the vampire whose arms were crossed, frowning at me.
I frowned at him.
"I should be dead-"
"You should be, but Asher saved your life." He said as my eyes grew wide laying there.
"What..?"

Dad smiled softly squeezing my hand.
"Asher was the only one with o negative blood, he gave his to save your life because without it, you would have died earlier today Quin." He told me.
The tears slipped looking at my parents.
"He didn't tell me that."
"Well of course not baby, but he did because he wants to be with you, this action was him proving how serious he was for you." Dad said with a soft smile.
"He's one of the good ones, not every omega gets lucky like how you did with him, Asher has turned a whole three sixty just to be with you." He told me.

I looked at them.
"I didn't even do anything-"
"You didn't have to, when alphas sense the omega they want for the rest of their lives, their own actions will show you when you've been chosen as their potential mate, and you are Ashers." Dad smiled softly at me.