Chapter 3 - a battle with friends

As Rodet and Pocu arrive a bit out of the ways of the city, they see Erboc standing there a sword in the ground waiting "go next to the goblins. They won't hurt you." Rodet says, pointing at the goblins who are a safe distance away "b- but-" "go. They won't hurt you. These aren't bad people." Pocu nods and slowly walks away, clearly nervous. Rodet and Erboc stand in front of another.

"Again I'm sorry old friend, but this is a matter of pride." Erboc says as he pulls a great-sword from underneath the ground, "I won't hit hard. I know and remember of your fragile body." Rodet claps his hands. "I probably wouldn't be able to last a single hit anyway." Erboc starts to dash towards Rodet quickly, closing the gap but as he pulls his blade upwards in an attempt to quickly end this match, an invisible magical barrier block him. As soon as it blocks it, he jumps back, the barrier then falls and a blue clone of Rodet appears brandishing a rapier. The clone battles with Erboc as Rodet claps his hands focusing, however Erboc notices and quickly pulls out a very small crossbow that shoots out not even a bolt but a needle like a dart into Rodet's shoulder as it goes limp "Damnit!" He says, annoyed as the clone dissolves "the one weakness of a magic caster. You break their concentration, you break their spells." Erboc says smirking but suddenly jumps back as a shark jumps from under him, almost biting him "you and your damn instincts." Rodet says smiling as he snaps his fingers multiple times each time another shark appearing and almost biting down on Erboc but he dodges and weaves them, even slaying one but as he eventually gets close enough to Rodet to strike. Rodet smirks and says "Check." As he snaps his fingers Erbocs slash suddenly misses as he starts to get dizzy even dropping his blade "What is this!?" He says confused as he stumbles around feeling weak when Rodet suddenly punches him in his jaw sending him flying "A way to fight on equal terms." He says with a bruised knuckle. Erboc stands up seemingly getting used to the dizziness "All I have to do is hit you once!" He shouts, running towards Rodet and swinging his fists in a very concise attack towards Rodet but he does dodge them albeit with great difficulty.

As the two battle Pocu sits far from the goblins and orcs scared but she does hear them talking "Wow Sir Erboc isn't holding back!" One of them say "Well, he's the best for a reason!" Another says, but the third and final one speaks differently from the others, "but Sir Rodet is holding his own. Isn't he a spell caster? How is he holding equal to Sir Erboc?" The other two goblins look at him confused. "Do you really not know of Sir Galdur Rodet?" They say in unison, "not exactly. I know he's an arcane master, but that's basic knowledge." "Well, that's all we know too." They say laughing "oh but I heard he made a contract with his soul once! That's why his body is so fragile!" "That's dumb. You can't do that! Your soul is you and you are your soul, right?" "Yeah man, he was probably born weak due to his immense power in Magic!" As the goblins speak, Pocu looks at them in surprise. "You guys talk pretty normally." She says in confusion, "how'd you think we'd talk?" One of them says laughing, "Gob good. Gob go fight! Gob dance now!" Pocu says in a voice impersonating a goblin, "well I guess that's how you see us from those books, huh? Well, not all goblins are like that little kid!" One of them says annoyed "oh... I'm sorry." Pocu says regretfully, "eh don't think too much of it. After this it'll be water under the bridge!" They say.

Both Erboc and Rodet look at each other tiredly. "Have you been training, old friend? You've been able to hit me three times without shattering that glass you call a body." Erboc says chuckling "shut up man. I have though thanks for noticing." Rodet says laughing, "final blow finishes it?" Erboc asks and Rodet nods, snapping his fingers. "I've been ready for you!" He says as a magic circle surrounds Erboc. "What!" He says in shock, "Leviathan!" Rodet shouts as a large pool of water appears from the magic circle and a tentacle grabs Erboc before he can react and smack him into the ground multiple times and even take him into the water. After a little bit, Erboc is spat out of the water and the portal closes. Rodet falls to the ground, his nose bleeding. "By the gods, I hated that." Rodet says as he looks up and sees Erboc still standing. "Really?" Erboc laughs. "What was that?" He asks joyfully. "Either I've become stronger or you've become weaker old friend." Erboc stumbles towards Rodet. "no I just wanted to not be cheap." Rodet snaps his fingers one last time as he coughs out blood but Erboc falls to the ground, the goblins shout In confusion "WHAT HAPPENED! WHO WON?!" Rodet brings his hand up, giving a thumbs up.

Pocu walks over to a tired Rodet and sits next to his head. "What're you doing?" Rodet asks tired "The goblins were petty nice." She says patting Rodet's head "They are." After a while of resting, a goblin walks over to Rodet "Hail Sir Rodet." He says as he approaches, "I come with the cure to the paralyzing agent applied to your arm." He says, pulling out a potion. Pocu grabs the potion from the goblin who hands it to her "What'd you think of that fight Lil child of Sir Rodet?" the goblin says with a smile "It was cool!" Pocu says to the goblins her eyes happily glowing "C- can I please have that potion Pocu?" Rodet says tired "oh right!" She says walking over and handing him the potion. "Good enough..." he says, struggling to uncork it and the drink. Rodet gets up finally able to use his other arm. "What was that agent you used?" Rodet asks as Pocu goes over to Erboc, "It's a clan secret." The goblin says with a smile. As Pocu arrives to Erboc whose already up and stretching "oh little one of Galdur." Erboc says with a friendly smile. Pocu looks nervous looking down the ground while clutching the ends of the coat. "I- Im sorry for being mean." She says regretfully. Erboc laughs "Haha I know you meant nothing of it, Little one. This it was simply a matter of pride for my clan. Nothing else, nothing less. I don't hate you nor Galdur." He says patting her head. As he says this Pocu looks at Erboc happily "if I may ask whose your mother?" Erboc asks "I didn't know Galdur had any luck with women without me." Erboc says, laughing. Before Pocu says anything Rodet walks up behind them. "Well old friend, she's part of the reason I'm here." He says as he approaches them, his wounds seemingly healed. "What do you mean?" Erboc asks curiously. "Well, for one, I wasn't joking when I said she isn't mine. She was summoned here as I was all those years ago. however she arrives at my home for whatever reason. I'm here to ask you if you can't take her to the end of the world for her to leave back to our homeland." Rodet asks with a bow. Erboc sighs "I see.. such an unfortunate fate for one as young you little one." He says understandingly towards Pocu, "I- it's been fun though! Mr. Rodet been nice to me!" Pocu says, "haha I'm sure he has." Erboc says standing up "but I'm sorry friend I cannot take on such an important task." Rodet groans out, "Damnit! I didn't want to take her." Rodet says annoyed "oh that's right you gave up on adventuring for a quiet life farming. I had forgotten about that." Pocu then looks up at Rodet, her little eyes filled with amazement. "YOU WERE A ADVENTURER!" She shouts in excitement. "You just had to say something?" Rodet says annoyed as Erboc laughs. "Yes indeed Little one! Me and Galdur here were part of a legendary adventurer guild! We called ourself the archangels. But that was decades ago. Hell, I was taller than Galdur at that point!" Erboc says laughing. Pocu takes a couple steps back and looks at the almost three foot difference of height between the two "Lies!" She shouts, "I can't blame you little one, but it's true! I was once taller than this giant of a human." Erboc says tapping Rodets chest which causes him to fall over clutching his stomach "Mr. Rodet!" Pocu says, worried, "ah he'll be fine. He's so fragile the blow of some wind would break a bone!" Erboc says as him and his group of goblinoids start to laugh "Why is he so fragile?!" Pocu asks and Erboc shrugs "That's besides the case." Rodet says slowly standing up, "if you can't take her to the end of the world could you escort us to the gates? I remember you all having some carriages? It would be a great help." Rodet painfully says, "course old friend! The carriages are beside the tavern in the town. Me and the boys are gonna have ourself some drinks, then we'll start heading out to our destination and a detour for the bridge." Erboc happily says