Chapter 2 - A little accident.

Pocu is startled awake by a screaming creature, "AHH!" She shouts, falling off the bed. Pocu gets out of her room wiping her eyes. "What was that?" She says tiredly, but she finds the cause of the loud screaming seeing a chicken with horns and scales in the middle in the living room. Pocu's eyes glow in excitement. "DRAGON CHICKEN!" She excitedly says running towards it only for an invisible barrier to block her "MAGIC DRAGON CHICKEN!" She says even more excited now "no, I just stopped you." Rodet says while on his chair "Why!?" Pocu cries out "Cause Drick will burn you. He doesn't like strangers." As Rodet says this, Drick, the dragon chicken breathes out a small breath of flame, the barrier blocking it. "Oh.. aww man." Pocu says a little sad she can't pet the dragon chicken. "C'mon let's go." Rodet says putting his book up. "Where?" Pocu says confused, "remember I'm giving you to someone who'll be able to get you outta here." Rodet says picking up Drick. "Oh right." Pocu says, standing up, "What about Mr. Mini dragon?" "His name is Drick and he'll watch the house. I'm picking him up so that you can't touch him." Rodet says, opening the door with his free hand. Pocu waits outside as Rodet talks to Drick. "I didn't know Mr. Drick was smart." Pocu says to herself. Rodet comes out. "Let's go." He says, walking off with Pocu following behind.

As they walk, Pocu asks Rodet, "Mr. Rodet, why don't we use a bicycle? Or fly over since you have magic?" "Well, there are no bicycles in this world and the fly spell takes a lot outta me." "What does that mean?" Rodet sighs "to use magic it takes Mana and physical energy." Pocu stares at Rodet confused. "What's Physkal Energy?" Rodet looks at Pocu also confused "Pocu how How old are you?" Pocu counts in her hands. "I am seven!" She excitedly says "oh dear lord." Rodet says annoyed "What's the town like?" Pocu asks as she puts her hood down "Well for one, keep that up." He says putting her hood back up. "Why?" "The townspeople are really mean to outsiders. They mind me because I grow them crops and help them with magic, but that's it. They can barely stand me." Rodet says annoyed "well that's not very nice!" "Yeah it isn't.". As they walk, Pocu sees different odd creatures in the forest around them. One of them hiss at her, scaring, Pocu who then hides behind Rodet "What the- get off me." He says lightly brushing her aside "B- but the scary animal..." she says scared, Rodet sighs "Fine." He says, annoyed. As they continue to walk through the forest, they arrive at a bridge. "Are we there yet?" "That's the twelfth time. You've asked in ten minutes." He says tired "... so are we?" "No." As they approach the bridge, a duck in metal armor jumps in front of them. "Halt!" They shout. As the duck arrives, Pocu looks at it in amazement. "DUCKY!" She shouts, running from behind Rodet and heads towards the duck. "HALT!" It shouts loudly, the shout has mana imbued in it causing Pocus body to stop against her will "Is this child yours Mr. Rodet?" The duck says, "she's with me. Not mine." "LET ME HUG YOU!" Pocu shouts, standing in place. "She seems rather annoying." The duck says, "yeah I know. Now sir Kingsworth..." as he says this Pocu says "awww it's not ducksworth?" "That is offensive to my people!" Kingsworth says "Sir Kingsworth, may we pass?" Rodet says tired, "do you have the proper papers?" He says "I have a fireball." Rodet says annoyed "I see... please have fun and we'll see you when you come back." Kingsworth says as he walks away, "why'd he need papers?" Pocu asks, "he's the guard of the forest. This place is considered its own country, and all countries have guards at their respective bridges or gates." Rodet says walking away but Pocu shouts, "WAIT DONT LEAVE ME!" "Oh right." Rodet says then clapping his hands and Pocus almost falls over as she suddenly starts running, "I can move now!" She says "yeah he just cast a spell, and I stopped that spell. Now let's go." He says walking off as Pocu quickly catches up. "Wait for me!".

As they cross the bridge, they're in an entirely new area. Instead of a forest surrounding them it's a large grassland with a flower sprinkled in. Pocu looks around amazed. "Wow, it's beautiful!" She excitedly proclaims, "c'mon let's keep going." Rodet says as Pocu happily follows. After a bit more of walking, Pocu sits down tired. "So much walking!" She says tiredly, "how are you already tired? Aren't kids supposed to have high stamina?" Rodet says, annoyed. Pocu lays down on the grass. "I'm thirsty." She says as Rodet picks her up. "I'll buy you a bottle of water when we arrive. Now let's go." He says putting her back down but Pocu falls over. "No! Carry me!" She demands, which greatly annoys Rodet. "I'm not carrying you, you lazy kid!" Pocu frowns at Rodet's tears swelling up. "oh god please no." He says as Pocu then starts crying. After a little Rodet and a very happy Pocu arrive at the small town as Rodet Carries Pocu on his shoulders 'Kill me now.' He thinks as Pocu happily looks around. The villagers aren't human as it seems. however some appear more like humanoid cats and various different animals as well as some orcs and goblins walking around and Pocu points them out as they start to arrive "The bad guys!" She says pointing directly at the orcs and goblins who give her an offended look "Pocu!" Rodet yells as the goblins and orcs approach the two scaring Pocu into her cloak "Hey Galdur is this how you raise a kid!" The orc shouts "What are you teaching her!" A goblin says "First she's not my kid second I haven't taught her jack!" "Oh yeah then why she thinks we're the bad guys!" A goblin says with air quotes, "she's been reading those bad storybooks." Rodet says in an attempt to lie in order to calm the situation down as it starts to attract attention, "Why you got those books!" "They were a gift from a very misinformed friend of mine!" A larger goblin from the crowd appears, most likely a hobgoblin appears brandishing a blade as he drops it in-front of Rodet. "Really? How long have we known each other Erboc?" Rodet says as the hobgoblin speaks in a very deep and calm tone "I'm sorry it's come to this however we of the restorationist have been trying to fix the image of all goblinoids, and for your child to say to this to us... especially the child of someone who I still consider even despite this grave offensive a very good friend of mine, well it hurts to say the least as well is damage to our pride. The only way to restore this pride is by combat. It's true of every race Rodet. I've been understanding of your culture here as a human, so please understand this old Hobgoblins peril." Rodet sighs as he puts Pocu down next to him. "I understand, old friend. However, I don't use blades." He says in a calm tone. "I know, friend, it's just a symbol. Your magic is allowed." Pocu nervously tugs on Rodets pants getting his attention. "D- did I do bad?" She ask with tears swelling up, "you messed up. Everyone does." Rodet calmly says as he picks up the blade and points it out of the city. Erboc nods and he and his group of goblins and orcs follow him in the direction Rodet pointed. "C'mon Pocu, we have to make a little detour." Rodet says, walking off holding the sword as Pocu follows. As they walk out, they hear the people who were watching whispering.