"Come on in," Aiden said after pressing his thumb into a digital lock at the door.

Trust the CEO of Zen Industries to have an upgraded security system. When we got inside, I couldn't hide my surprise anymore. This was a freaking palace.

"What the-" I exclaimed.

"You like it?" he asked.

"A little," I replied, doing my best to hide my excitement. "It's been a while since I'd seen a place this beautiful,"

"You've been to a place like this before?"

His question shocked me, and it made my heart race in fear. I couldn't tell him who I was yet. I said I was going to make it without using their influence and I was nearly there. I cleared my throat to regain my composure.

"Travelling," I said nervously. "I saw a few when I went on vacation and a kid,"

"Oh nice," he replied. "Come this way,"

I sighed and followed him through the halls, admiring his taste in art. I knew each of those paintings probably cost millions of dollars, but I wouldn't dare ask. Instead, I tried to keep up with his pace.

Aiden led us into his kitchen, which was equipped with everything. It was like the kitchen of a five-star chef. Did he know how to cook? He opened the freezer and closed it back, then we went upstairs.

The first floor looked like a studio apartment. It had everything, even a couch, an enormous TV screen and a kitchen counter. How many kitchens did he have? I looked around and noticed that this one didn't have everything.

When he opened the fridge, there were some things in there. This seemed like the one he uses frequently. My eyes widened at the realisation that he made that kitchen for when he hired a chef, which is why there is a freezer and not a regular fridge. I also noticed that the house was spotless, but there was no one there.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"I live here alone," he replied. "It's quiet, isn't it? That's why I stay in the city."

This house is too big for one person alone. It made me wonder if he ever got lonely. How did he keep it tidy?

"Do you clean?" I asked him.

"No, I have someone who comes to do it twice a week,"

"Do you even stay here at all?"

"The first few months of working on Zen, I moved out of my parent's house and came here with Jonas and Jessi. We built a lot of software in my code room,"

"You have a code room?!"

"It's more of a nerd den, but you could call it that,"

Aiden took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves while watching me. He knew what he was doing. From the night we had sex, I knew he was the kind that likes to watch how his actions affected you. I bit down on my bottom lip and found a seat.

"I don't have much, so I'll make you pasta," he said.

"What is this supposed to be?"

"An apology meal," he smirked and got to work.

I was waiting to laugh hard because Aiden didn't look like the type that could cook. However, I was in for a surprise. Aiden was a pro in the kitchen. I wasn't sure I could have this much charisma in the kitchen. How was he doing this?

When he was nearly halfway done, the aroma of the pasta was everywhere. I became aware of my hunger and grew impatient to taste what he was cooking. With the apron he had on, he looked too hot and it made me shift in my seat.