JOURNEY TO LOVE - 26

AMELIA KNIGHT

As I woke up, I was met by the divine sight of Lucas's face. Heat crept to my cheeks, as I reminisced about our shared  moments together. However, as the events before it entered my mind, my mood soured. I cupped his cheeks, pressing a soft kiss on his forehead before covering myself with a duvet, and sitting upright, with my head resting back at the head rest.

"Don't think much about it." Lucas's voice made me turn. He laid there, his hands resting under his head as he stared at me with a blend of affection and care.

"I just can't stop thinking about the consequences, if you weren't there." I told him honestly.  He settled down next to me, holding my hand.

"But I was, and I will always be there for you." He said. I lay down in his embrace, trying to calm my racing mind. Just in time, his phone buzzed.

"It's Mr.Reed." He said, answering the call. They talked for about a minute before he ended the call.

"What did he say ?" I asked.

"He wants to meet us." He replied. I felt a churn in my stomach.

"Will he be there ?" I asked, unsure of the reason.

"Hey." I caressed my cheeks. "Are you scared of him ?"

"I don't know. I just don't want to see his face." He pressed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"You don't  have to be scared of him, Amelia. I am always with you." He whispered, looking dead in my eyes.

"I don't think I am scared but he is an incredulous bastard and I don't want to see him." I seethed.

Rising up from the bed, he wrapped a towel around his waist before lifting me up in his arms, and carrying me to the bathroom. He settled me down on the counter while preparing a bath for me.

His subtle ways of affection brought a smile to my face, once he came closer, I held onto his arms. His mesmerizing blue eyes shone with amusement.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." I whispered, pulling him in a kiss. He returned my kiss immediately, his hands grabbed my waist tightly as he positioned himself in between my legs. "Join me." I whispered in between our kiss.

"Gladly." He whispered, lifting me in his arms. I eagerly wrapped my arms around his neck as he settled me in the bathtub and joined me. My head rested against his torso as we relishes our embrace.

After taking our time, we changed into our formal attires. He wore a charcoal gray suit while I changed into navy blue suit-skirt.

As we reached the living room, we were greeted by concerned looking, Emily, Alex, mom and even Nathan.

"Sis." Alex called, rushing towards me and enveloping me in his arms. "Nathan told us what happened. Are you okay ?" He asked, checking for any signs of wounds.

"I am fine." I answered, my gaze flickering between Alex and all others. "Lucas protected me." I added gently. He cast a sidelong gaze at me, smiling softly.

Emily and mom hugged me and Lucas by turns, attempting to calm themselves down.

"I haven't seen him so angry in my life." Nathan said, embracing me. "I am glad, you're okay."

We settled down around the table, enjoying our breakfast. Once we were done, a car pulled over in the parking lot.

"It must be Mr.Reed." Nathan said. Lucas glanced at him with a confused expression. Sensing it, Nathan informed him, "Yesterday night he called me because he knew, you would be so angry to listen at that moment. I told him to talk tou you in the morning." Lucas nodded.