JOURNEY TO LOVE - 19

LUCAS KNIGHT

As I woke up, my hand went to massage my throbbing head. I squinted my eyes before opening them. It was only then I realised the subtle movement underneath my head. I slowly sat upright, and found Amelia sleeping in an uncomfortable position, her head was dangling at the edge of the headrest as her body took support of it to sit straight, and her legs were folded, where my head previously rested. By the bed side, a tray with a bowl and a small towel was placed.

A wave of admiration passed through my heart at her gesture as a smile appeared on my lips. Even the headache began to subside as the memory of how I ended up sick flashed in my mind.

FLASHBACK

I pulled up in front of the cabin, and even from a distance, the booming music reached my ears. Letting out a sigh, I made my way inside. The place was saturated with the stench of alcohol, with sweaty bodies dancing and strippers performing to make a living. People were reveling in the moment, lost in the deafening music and the neon lights.

Why do I own this place again ?

Within a few minutes of my arrival, the manager rushed over to me.

"Mr. Knight ! What a pleasure to have you here. Mr. Smith and your other friends are in your private lounge." He informed me. I acknowledged him with a subtle nod and proceeded towards the lounge, following a staircase marked by purple and pink neon lights.

As soon as I opened the door, the sound of their laughter filled my ears.

"Lucas, man ! Long time no see." Wesley exclaimed, pulling me into a hug.

"Nice to see you too, man." I replied, genuinely happy to reunite with them after such a long time.

"How's life, man ?" Leo asked, embracing me warmly.

"Good, and what about you ?"

"Just trying to expand." Leo answered, reclining on a majestic sofa while sipping his drink.

Both of these men had fit bodies, much like Nathan and me. Wesley had a tan complexion that complemented his gray eyes and black hair, while Leo was equally handsome with his brown locks and piercing blue eyes.

"That sounds good. Let me know if you need some help." I offered, nodding as I downed my drink.

"How's Jessica ?" Nathan inquired about Wesley's wife.

"She's fine. We're expecting." Wesley shared, a wide grin spreading across his face.

"Woah, man ! That's amazing." Leo and Nathan chimed in.

"That's great news. Take good care of her." I added.

"Well, she is my life. How can I not take care of her ?" Wesley replied, casting a sidelong glance at me, a small smile on his face. I nodded in agreement.

Leo couldn't help but comment on the exotic dancers performing below.

"Those are some vixens down there." He smirked, his gaze fixed on the women dancing seductively through the glass window. We all rolled our eyes at his predictable behavior, and Nathan lightly smacked his arm.

"Hold your horses, man. You're about to turn 30." Nathan teased.

"Some things never change." Leo retorted, sipping on his drink.