JOURNEY TO LOVE - 11

Upon arriving home, a warm and cheerful scene awaited me – Emily graced in a delicate lace champagne dress, and my mother observing her with an affectionate gaze. "You look stunning, princess." I complimented, capturing their attention. Their smiles widened as they turned towards me.

"Thank you, dear brother, but I'm already quite beautiful." Emily confidently replied, and I couldn't help but smile and nod.

"I hope both of you have packed your things." I mentioned, sinking into the sofa and loosening my tie.

"Yes, my love."

"Your tuxedo is ready in your room as well," Emily added. I nodded, accepting a glass of water from a helper nearby.

As we settled, a somber atmosphere replaced the previous merriment. Tears welled up in my mother's eyes, and she whispered, "I wish your father were still with us. He would have been so happy." Her words invoked a pang of grief within me, but I pushed it aside and embraced my mother.

"He's always watching over us, keeping us safe." I reassured her in a hushed tone.

I beckoned for Emily, who was now teary-eyed, to join us, wrapping my arms around them both.

"You truly are the best son a mother could dream of." My mom managed to say, wiping her tears and offering me a faint smile.

"And the best brother." Emily chimed in.

Leaving soft kisses on their foreheads, I eventually retreated to my room. After changing and sharing dinner, I lay on my bed, my gaze lingering on my wedding suit.

I hope everything turns out just fine.

With that thought, I surrendered to sleep.

NEXT MORNING

Dressed in casual blue denim jeans, a white t-shirt, and accessorized with sneakers and a denim jacket, I descended the stairs. To my surprise, Emily had chosen a denim outfit, creating an unintentional twinning effect.

"Ready to depart ?" I inquired as I approached them.

"Absolutely." They responded with enthusiasm. Our small convoy consisted of two separate cars, with the driver taking them to the airport, while I drove towards Amelia's residence.

As I arrived at her door and knocked, she opened it, revealing herself in a stunning ensemble that momentarily left me in awe. I had seen her in various dresses before – cocktails, gowns, pencil dresses – but her appearance in dark blue high-waisted jeans paired with a pristine white jersey shirt was captivating. Her loose hair framed her face, adding an air of elegance to her.

"It seems like everyone is twinning with me in their own way." A thought crossed my mind.

Amelia's gaze met mine, and I offered a faint smile that caused her to shyly look away. "You look... different, but amazing." She stammered, genuine surprise lacing her voice at seeing me in something other than formal attire.

"You look absolutely gorgeous." I responded, eliciting a smile from her before she invited me inside.

"Hello, Lucas." Greeted Alex, occupied with his sandwich.